AT&T Wireless users come on in

Bad324

At times I don't have service where Verizon customers do. I don't know that it would effect you as much if you're in a bigger city, but it can be annoying out here in the sticks. 

4 minutes ago, durk said:

At times I don't have service where Verizon customers do. I don't know that it would effect you as much if you're in a bigger city, but it can be annoying out here in the sticks. 

That's a great point. I never had signal with ATT down in Hocking. I rarely don't have signal with Verizon. 

Yea cheaper is almost never better. See it woth folks all the time with Sprint or att, I have coverage and they don't. My Verizon is  $195 total price for 4 smart phones and one flip phone with 16GB of data with carry over and 2GB of bonus data on 2 lines. I get calls and data (same as my home plan)to and from and while in canada, mexico and the caribean. No payments or leasing of phones mine are all paid off and out of contract, that weighs heavily with them when you're trying to negotiate a price and they know there's nothing holding me there. Every now and then when I feel like I'm getting a raw deal I call them and say Hey What Can you offer to keep me around they usually throw something in. 

Edited by 2talltim

I ditched Verizon when they were going to charge me more for my grandfathered unlimited data plan.... and didn't bother to notify me about the increase in cost.

Have been on ATT, and haven't had any issues. All the other guys at work complain about having slow/no signal in our building, I'm fine on ATT. Even cheaper than the same plan from Verizon.

I'm happy with them, don't have any issues. But I'm not one of those that's on the phone 24/7, and if I'm on a motorcycle trip and don't have any signal (like much of the smoky mtns), who cares, I'm on a bike life is good.

YMMV

Edited by blue72beetle
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, blue72beetle said:

I ditched Verizon when they were going to charge me more for my grandfathered unlimited data plan.... and didn't bother to notify me about the increase in cost.

Have been on ATT, and haven't had any issues. All the other guys at work complain about having slow/no signal in our building, I'm fine on ATT. Even cheaper than the same plan from Verizon.

I'm happy with them, don't have any issues. But I'm not one of those that's on the phone 24/7, and if I'm on a motorcycle trip and don't have any signal (like much of the smoky mtns), who cares, I'm on a bike life is good.

YMMV

+1 It's good to disconnect every now in then. I'm happy with AT&T. There are times I don't have service and Verizon does and vice versa. I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like I won and we're sticking with Verizon. Can get the wife a new phone and even slightly lower our bill. My phone is fine so i'll upgrade this one whenever it takes a shit

1 hour ago, Bad324 said:

Looks like I won and we're sticking with Verizon. Can get the wife a new phone and even slightly lower our bill. My phone is fine so i'll upgrade this one whenever it takes a shit

Just want to throw in here, try the Google Pixel. AMAZING camera, great phone.

I'm tempted to switch every so often.  I don't care so much about staying connected but if there were ever an emergency or breakdown I'd like to be able to call for assistance.  I also like to check in with my son when I'm out all day but that can be a challenge with Sprint at times.