Triple nickel group ride this weekend "saturday" all types invited!!!!!!

James d

1 hour ago, JackImpact said:

Welcome! 

What is the Nickel? 

It's an overrated, ripped up, narrow road with lots of blind turns.  Dozens of Ohio roads are much better for motorcycles.

• Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, Qman said:

It's an overrated, ripped up, narrow road with lots of blind turns.  Dozens of Ohio roads are much better for motorcycles.

You forgot to mention flooded with cruisers on holiday weekends. :D

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ringokid said:

The nickel just got repaved for the entire first 7/8ths of it starting north. Be careful after though it is TORE THE FUCK UP. 

Thanks for the update.  Note that fresh asphalt can be very slick as well until some of the oils get washed off, and more stone gets exposed.

Edited by Qman

1 hour ago, Scorpion-Ninja said:

555 cant be more tore up than Michigan shit roads! lol

Most ohio roads are tore up.....one of the reasons I bought a bike with 9 inches of suspension travel!!

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Qman said:

Most ohio roads are tore up.....one of the reasons I bought a bike with 9 inches of suspension travel!!

Agree with Dave about Michigan, MI roads suck so bad in terms of technicality and condition I just used to slab all the way down to seo ride some twisty and slab back all in a day to have some fun at least. 

6 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

Agree with Dave about Michigan, MI roads suck so bad in terms of technicality and condition I just used to slab all the way down to seo ride some twisty and slab back all in a day to have some fun at least. 

This is the reason ive never rode in/to Michigan...see map! However, I would like to get up to the UP to see what thats all about.   Is it worth slabbing UP there??

38 minutes ago, Qman said:

This is the reason ive never rode in/to Michigan...see map! However, I would like to get up to the UP to see what thats all about.   Is it worth slabbing UP there??

The roads are not awesome, but ok. Great scenery and stuff to see.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Qman said:

Yes as tonic said, great scenic clean your senses kinda ride. I think Sticking to upper west end of state on way up is ideal as relatively better roads around there. And if you see an older lady ripping it up on a bicycle just wave hi and don't mention Pauly :D 

• Upvote 1