Moto America August 25-27, 2017 at Pitt Race

TimTheAzn

I am camping. I bought a spot to. I'm not exactly sure where the camping grounds are. I requested that Friday off. I am going to try and show up as early as I can to get a spot, possibly claim some space on spectator hill. Maybe I'll hide in Craig's luggage Thursday night.

@MidgetTodd cool! You'll have to introduce me to Gavin! @blue03636 You'll have to introduce me to CJ!

Edited by TimTheAzn

I'm going. I had myself transferred off of a job that weekend so I could watch people play motorcycles. I may camp... I need a tent and bag though. 

Edited by what

Yup. I'm parking my truck near the site I grabbed. I have my tent, another person's 4 person tent, and 2 smaller single tents going on the 10'x30' plot so far.

I called MotoAmerica today since they are responsible for all of this. If you buy a camping spot, you don't need a parking pass. But like Tracy said, only 1 support vehicle per camp site.

Edited by TimTheAzn

28 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Yup. I'm parking my truck near the site I grabbed. I have my tent, another person's 4 person tent, and 2 smaller single tents going on the 10'x30' plot so far.

I called MotoAmerica today since they are responsible for all of this. If you buy a camping spot, you don't need a parking pass. But like Tracy said, only 1 support vehicle per camp site.

Sounds like a lot of tents....  Lol

I need to figure out what I'm doing so I can get tickets and/or a camping spot.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bump, get yo tickets now and support some of the best motorcycle racing in the US right meow. Look for the ezUP flying the Ohio Riders Banner!

Clarification on some things I had questions on after speaking with MotoAmerica:

1. If you buy a dry 10'x30' camp site, you dont have to park your support vehicle in that 10'x30' area.

2. If you buy a camp site, you do not need to purchase a parking pass separate.

3. Pit bikes are allowed (I'm waiting to hear back about bicycles.)

4. Gates open at 8 a.m. Friday Morning. (That is when I plan on being there to get some good spots.)

Edited by TimTheAzn

On 6/16/2017 at 10:13 AM, MidgetTodd said:

I may be selling my Zuma 70 by then 

Speaking of Moto America and PIRC, I saw Gavin this weekend. Then laughed when I saw him line up in hot pit in Intermediate. Needless to say it was the only session I saw him in intermediate. :lol:

On 6/19/2017 at 7:21 AM, TimTheAzn said:

Speaking of Moto America and PIRC, I saw Gavin this weekend. Then laughed when I saw him line up in hot pit in Intermediate. Needless to say it was the only session I saw him in intermediate. :lol:

Had to. They only let you sign up in what you were in last. Had to addition for a bump. Bump was granted when he got tired of following the coach and passed him then left him. 390>600

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MidgetTodd said:

Had to. They only let you sign up in what you were in last. Had to addition for a bump. Bump was granted when he got tired of following the coach and passed him then left him. 390>600

I went straight into A. Just had to show them a valid expert license. Had never ridden with them before. Probably more fun to pass a coach though. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tent and sleeping bag purchased.

Did you ever hear back about bicycles, @TimTheAzn?

***Just read through their visitor guide - bicycles are permitted but they frown on dank whoolies and sweet jumps. 

Edited by what