Tough 9 Days

HeavyDuty

Isn’t it nice today my wife was laid off from both of her jobs. She ran a nursing home for down syndrome men for 18 years and worked every Sunday by herself so the other employees could have the day off. Everyone of the men there would be waiting for her at the door when she came to work and they all called her mommy. The other place she worked at for 3 years and never missed a day of work told her they were restructuring and eliminated her job. I’m wondering if it had more to do with her surgery the thing that annoys me the most is they called and told her 7 days after her surgery. F-ing pieces of shit. That's all I have to say for now about this.

12 minutes ago, HeavyDuty said:

Isn’t it nice today my wife was laid off from both of her jobs. She ran a nursing home for down syndrome men for 18 years and worked every Sunday by herself so the other employees could have the day off. Everyone of the men there would be waiting for her at the door when she came to work and they all called her mommy. The other place she worked at for 3 years and never missed a day of work told her they were restructuring and eliminated her job. I’m wondering if it had more to do with her surgery the thing that annoys me the most is they called and told her 7 days after her surgery. F-ing pieces of shit. That's all I have to say for now about this.

Well that's just shitty. 

Wait... Isn't she on short term disability or have FMLA? 

I would think for 6 weeks she wouldn't be able to work anyway. 

@redkow97 may know more about labor laws that deal with this.

I will keep you both in my prayers.

Edited by snot

45 minutes ago, snot said:

Wait... Isn't she on short term disability or have FMLA? 

I would think for 6 weeks she wouldn't be able to work anyway. 

@redkow97 my know more about labor laws that deal with this.

I will keep you both in my prayers.

If she's on FMLA, that's a helluva lawsuit. 

I'm glad this month is over memorial day was a tough one I had to put my cat Nick to rest because he was kicked in the chest earlier this month and it broke his serum in two places we thought he was going to be fine because he was back to his old self but he had a blood clot that moved to his spine and crippled his hind legs and had him in terrible pain he was going to be 15 this year. He had a life like a king and will be missed.  

22 minutes ago, HeavyDuty said:

I'm glad this month is over memorial day was a tough one I had to put my cat Nick to rest because he was kicked in the chest earlier this month and it broke his serum in two places we thought he was going to be fine because he was back to his old self but he had a blood clot that moved to his spine and crippled his hind legs and had him in terrible pain he was going to be 15 this year. He had a life like a king and will be missed.  

Someone kicked your cat? WTF?