what

Mid-O - June 5

RVTPilot    6,062

I am in for the 5th WP...and sorry to hear Tim was tossed rudely from his otherwise trusty steed.

• Upvote 1

Limitedslip7    194

Weather forecast took a turn for the worst; probably going to wait until Sunday to decide at this point... 

what    778
49 minutes ago, Limitedslip7 said:

Weather forecast took a turn for the worst; probably going to wait until Sunday to decide at this point... 

Yeah, we'll have to see how things look this weekend. 

Perception    14

Are you completely S.O.L. if it's pouring rain on Monday and just paid for the day with a credit card not a certificate? I've heard mid Ohio is not a track you want to be on if it's wet.

ludwb675    120
1 hour ago, Perception said:

Are you completely S.O.L. if it's pouring rain on Monday and just paid for the day with a credit card not a certificate? I've heard mid Ohio is not a track you want to be on if it's wet.

As far as i understand if you are a frequent rider (4+ days/year) you get 1 free cancellation a year. I'm not sure if that is a rolling year, based off last year or what. There hasn't been four days yet this year. 

Mid-O is an ice rink with any kind of moisture on the track. But they run rain or shine so you are SOL if you are not a frequent rider. 

• Upvote 1

what    778
12 minutes ago, ludwb675 said:

As far as i understand if you are a frequent rider (4+ days/year) you get 1 free cancellation a year. I'm not sure if that is a rolling year, based off last year or what. There hasn't been four days yet this year. 

Mid-O is an ice rink with any kind of moisture on the track. But they run rain or shine so you are SOL if you are not a frequent rider. 

They let me waive the "late registration fee" on the 14th because I bought 4 certs last fall, so I don't think you have to have run 4+ days so long as you have paid for 4+ days. 

what    778

Still looking pretty crappy Monday. 

I will make up my mind by Sunday afternoon. Still operating under the assumption that I'll be at the track until then. Desire to hit mid 1:50's is strong. 

Perception    14
3 hours ago, what said:

Still looking pretty crappy Monday. 

I will make up my mind by Sunday afternoon. Still operating under the assumption that I'll be at the track until then. Desire to hit mid 1:50's is strong. 

Is it a no go for you if it rains Sunday but the forecast for Monday looks good?

what    778

If it rains overnight and will be cloudy but not raining Monday I probably won't go. If it rains early in the evening and isn't raining Monday and there's some sun I may still go. 

Pretty much if the track is going to be damp/wet I won't be going. 

what    778

Right now it's looking rainy for Monday - weather.com says 50% at noon and 35-40% between 8 and 11. Accuweather saying 50-60% chance for morning/early afternoon as well. If things don't change much by noon tomorrow I won't be going. 

Trackbikez    30

Rain scared me away for Monday.

Good luck to those going Monday and Tuesday, I hope it stays dry for you!

what    778

Yeah I'm out for tomorrow. Rain/thunder in the morning. 

RVTPilot    6,062

I am locked in now for Tuesday. Work forced me to call of going today, which looked like was a great day weather-wise. Hoping for the same tomorrow.

F4iguy    89
8 hours ago, Limitedslip7 said:

Think I might hold off until the 19th... 

Planning on 18th and/or 19th.  Hopefully both.