Mid-O - June 5

what

49 minutes ago, Limitedslip7 said:

Weather forecast took a turn for the worst; probably going to wait until Sunday to decide at this point... 

Yeah, we'll have to see how things look this weekend. 

1 hour ago, Perception said:

Are you completely S.O.L. if it's pouring rain on Monday and just paid for the day with a credit card not a certificate? I've heard mid Ohio is not a track you want to be on if it's wet.

As far as i understand if you are a frequent rider (4+ days/year) you get 1 free cancellation a year. I'm not sure if that is a rolling year, based off last year or what. There hasn't been four days yet this year. 

Mid-O is an ice rink with any kind of moisture on the track. But they run rain or shine so you are SOL if you are not a frequent rider. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, ludwb675 said:

As far as i understand if you are a frequent rider (4+ days/year) you get 1 free cancellation a year. I'm not sure if that is a rolling year, based off last year or what. There hasn't been four days yet this year. 

Mid-O is an ice rink with any kind of moisture on the track. But they run rain or shine so you are SOL if you are not a frequent rider. 

They let me waive the "late registration fee" on the 14th because I bought 4 certs last fall, so I don't think you have to have run 4+ days so long as you have paid for 4+ days. 

Still looking pretty crappy Monday. 

I will make up my mind by Sunday afternoon. Still operating under the assumption that I'll be at the track until then. Desire to hit mid 1:50's is strong. 

3 hours ago, what said:

Still looking pretty crappy Monday. 

I will make up my mind by Sunday afternoon. Still operating under the assumption that I'll be at the track until then. Desire to hit mid 1:50's is strong. 

Is it a no go for you if it rains Sunday but the forecast for Monday looks good?

If it rains overnight and will be cloudy but not raining Monday I probably won't go. If it rains early in the evening and isn't raining Monday and there's some sun I may still go. 

Pretty much if the track is going to be damp/wet I won't be going. 

Right now it's looking rainy for Monday - weather.com says 50% at noon and 35-40% between 8 and 11. Accuweather saying 50-60% chance for morning/early afternoon as well. If things don't change much by noon tomorrow I won't be going.