test rides

Tstang429

2 hours ago, vf1000ride said:

Motus does have a demo truck, or at least did last year.  I rode the MSTR when they came to Motohio.  Its a really nice bike but also really expensive.  It is just outside of what I can afford without selling everything else so I ended up getting a Multistrada.

IMG_20160624_102124489.jpg

IMG_20160624_102144662_HDR.jpg

I'll take the white one, thank you very much!

2 hours ago, Lawrence1 said:

Loves me some V4! Anxious to see the one Ducati is supposed to be working on.

I like my Ducati's as a twin but don't forget about the V-4 Desmosedici RR.  You can already own an exotic V-4 Duc if you can afford the price of entry. 

11 minutes ago, vf1000ride said:

I like my Ducati's as a twin but don't forget about the V-4 Desmosedici RR.  You can already own an exotic V-4 Duc if you can afford the price of entry. 

That's gotta be way past $30k, yes?  As i remember, when new they were in the $80-90K range?!

If you want a real V4 exotic, get thee a NR750 oval piston Honda (RC40)!

Hey, there's always a Vmax, or a RoyalStar for if you need a cheep V4 fix!  

3 hours ago, Qman said:

That's gotta be way past $30k, yes?  As i remember, when new they were in the $80-90K range?!

If you want a real V4 exotic, get thee a NR750 oval piston Honda (RC40)!

Hey, there's always a Vmax, or a RoyalStar for if you need a cheep V4 fix!  

I've seen a lot of Yamaha ventures on CL for fucking peanuts. Like $800. Too bad they're ugly as fuck. Look even worse stripped down.

2 minutes ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

I've seen a lot of Yamaha ventures on CL for fucking peanuts. Like $800. Too bad they're ugly as fuck. Look even worse stripped down.

But a very capable touring machine. Very comfy, tons of storage and eats miles. But top heavy as hell and this annoying whine in the tranny. Bad bevel on the gears.

New big tourer this summer from Yammie. Very modern inline 4 built almost totally on biker feedback. There are some leaked blurry pics out there.

Looks like the are going after the Goldwing crowd. They might get me in a year or two if they nail it.

5 hours ago, Qman said:

That's true but you gotta figure that Motus MSTR is $37K before fees/tax.  You ain't getting that off the showroom for under $40K  If you asked me to buy a new Motus or a 9 year old Desmosedici for roughly the same price I would buy the Ducati any day.  Not that I can afford either.

3 hours ago, Tonik said:

But a very capable touring machine. Very comfy, tons of storage and eats miles. But top heavy as hell and this annoying whine in the tranny. Bad bevel on the gears.

New big tourer this summer from Yammie. Very modern inline 4 built almost totally on biker feedback. There are some leaked blurry pics out there.

Looks like the are going after the Goldwing crowd. They might get me in a year or two if they nail it.

A few of the ventures I've seen have 2nd gear blown out. Typical Yamaha.

I'm interested to see this i4 touring bike tho. The goldwing crowd is a hard nut to crack, those guys exemplify brand loyalty. 

14 hours ago, Tonik said:

Honda has rested on its laurels with the Goldwing.  It is the same essential bike with a few minor upgrades since 2001.

40 minutes ago, Connie14 said:

Honda has rested on its laurels with the Goldwing.  It is the same essential bike with a few minor upgrades since 2001.

I considered them hard when I bought the White Whale.  Yea, the lack of modernization and upgrades is what kept me away.  Same with the Venture/Royal Star.

8 hours ago, Tstang429 said:

tonik i see it says you have a vulcan voyager any insight on that bike? I am intrigued by the vulcan line. I know there are a lot of options.

The line kind of looks like this:

S - entry level 700ish, lots of options and ergonomic choices.

900 Custom and Classic

1700 Vaquero 1 up sporty looking cruiser/touring bike.  Basically the Voyager without the rear trunk and some sleek styling.

1700 Voyager Touring.

The Nomad is gone, and it leaves a really big hole.  It was a nice big cruiser without all the added stuff that mine or the Vaq has.  Really surprised they axed it. I had one before this.  Love both of them, I have 55K on my Voyager, it eats miles and if you can ride you can still hammer the twisties a bit. But it is big and heavy, it isn't a sport bike. Price on their stuff is certainly right my bike was just under 16K with ABS, a similar Harley would have been mid 20's and would be wore out by now.  Got an easy 100K left in this bike with out any major issues.

You are not far away, I am in Seven Hills.  You are welcome to look at it any time.