May Gap Trip 05/13-05/15

JustinNck1

1 hour ago, JustinNck1 said:

Today was a great day of riding. Had plenty of issues getting GPS, Sena, and Phone Pairing, but we made it through the day.5917ab8a1028a_20170513_1338011.thumb.jpg.47c1a30caefe3a211def7aec7483b5e1.jpg

We stopped at the 421 store for a quick snack and drink.

5917abdfc99e8_20170513_1430411.thumb.jpg.a5b3dc5a2bc2314312f799f111e9c54e.jpg

Once you get the GPS, phone, and Sena pairing optimized, will you please help me?  Speed safely. 

9 hours ago, Connie14 said:

Once you get the GPS, phone, and Sena pairing optimized, will you please help me?  Speed safely. 

It definitely needs some work, cause we couldn't get it all to work. 2 riders, Zumo 590, Zumo 660, 2 Sena 10U, 2 Samsung Note 5, and an iPod touch. Yeah we tried to make it way too complicated. Then the GPS kept trying to "optimize" the route which we didn't want. I think this was my fault for not placing enough waypoints.

7 hours ago, JustinNck1 said:

GPS kept trying to "optimize" the route

Not sure if the zumo has this setting which is from my drive smart but it may help you. 

Click settings >traffic >optimize route > pick your poison. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Upvote 2

Just made it home. 1240 miles. Rode alot of fun roads, and made it affordable too. Went across Deals Gap twice, first time only made it a little past the overlook and got stuck behind a line of cars and trikes. Had some fun screwing around with a Ford Fiesta. We would pull over and wait for a 2nd train of trikes to start approaching and then take off and catch our train. Did that like 3 or 4 times. 2nd run was later in the evening, sat at the overlook until we had a good gap of no one going by. Made a decent run, found out my highway pegs will drag if not folded up :D. The new suspension setup helped tremendously. This was my first set of Bridgestone T30s and they stuck like glue once hot. Still had more fun on Cherohala though. 209 The Rattler was also fun, no traffic to worry about on it. Did a good bit of slab to get home today. Fun trip all in all. I can't wait for the June trip now.