600cc or 1000cc for starter bikes?(The never ending bike search thread!!)

yoshiii

1 hour ago, Casper said:

Why did they push the bike into the woods? Was it stolen? 

Stolen

Not registered w/ state

No title

No insurance

No license

Don't want cops

Etc

Who can really understand the squid mind? 

Edited by what

9 hours ago, yoshiii said:

I have been reading what everyone has said. lol

So with the gear, I have found some textile jackets with armour from 130 dollars up to 300 dollars.   

This any good?

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/revit-airforce-jacket

Whats the biggest difference in these jackets? 100 dollars-300 dollars?  

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2752/d/textile-vented-street-bike-jackets-for-men

This ?:

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/speed-and-strength-top-dead-center-jacket

I really really loved the Revit. 

1 minute ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

I don't hover over this shit show in anticipation.

Not about being buttmad. I listed some info that I felt was useful and some nit-picker came in shitposting. Felt personal, so I invited him to air his grievance privately. 

Maybe better than settling it with a drag race towards a cliff.

16 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

I'll go look at bikes even without yos-hi-ro

SWIDT

Oh my kamisama, you didn't...

BTW, on the topic of gear, today made me think of wearing a sporty shirt under my jacket. One of those air-flowing, sweat-wicking shirts. Was mainly a little warm on my upper back, even with a textile jacket, and in the helmet. The Bull-it SR4 jeans with some pads were OK. Even my waterproof boots were OK. 30*C.

I went to try on gear,

I tried this jacket on https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/cortech-vrx-air-jacket

The stores here dont really have a big selection of jackets. Most of the jackets were for touring type bikes.

All textile. The leather jackets they had were not summer and looked like the type you would find at a dept store for normal wearing.

Not really any boots could try on, had one or two touring boots no perforation. Small selection of gloves, well at least with armour and for street bikes. Mostly gloves for motocross, etc.

No pants except for chaps and touring pants which looked baggy and hot. Lol.  One pair of bike jeans but didnt have any kevlar inside.

Tried a R3, well sat on it.  Fits well.  Tried a FZ07, well sat on it. And it fit well too.Saw acouple of 250 bikes from Suzuki, a ninja  one from 2011 I think and something else not sure what it was.

Saw a Joe rocket jacket that was mesh and textile. Most of the sleeve was textile except for the inner upper arm were it vented I guess. The front and back were mostly mesh with textile on the top and bottom and sides. Looked nice, with armour but as I read, mesh isnt very good for protection? Why do they continue to sell mesh jackets if it is not so good at protection?

The salesman said that the FZ07 is good because it is only 300cc or something like that he said. It did feel light as did the R3.  He said that the FZ07 has a linear power band so it is easier to get used to.

Want to start buying gear but maybe have to order online.

Edited by yoshiii

2 hours ago, yoshiii said:

Saw a Joe rocket jacket that was mesh and textile. Most of the sleeve was textile except for the inner upper arm were it vented I guess. The front and back were mostly mesh with textile on the top and bottom and sides. Looked nice, with armour but as I read, mesh isnt very good for protection? Why do they continue to sell mesh jackets if it is not so good at protection?

The salesman said that the FZ07 is good because it is only 300cc or something like that he said. It did feel light as did the R3.  He said that the FZ07 has a linear power band so it is easier to get used to.

Want to start buying gear but maybe have to order online.

You see alot of textile/mesh because it is more affordable than leather most of the time, and it can vent better. Yes, you sacrifice protection with a mesh jacket, but you must balance the comfort to protection ratio. Some sacrifice their protection some, so they are not sweating their ass off all day. Most textile jackets will have some sort of armor and optional back protector available. 

IMO, the FZ-07 is a great bike, and a bargain really. It's got enough power to be more than just a beginner bike, while still being a good choice for beginners.

If you decide to order gear online, send a message to @RidersDiscount, they can get you some awesome deals.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, yoshiii said:

I went to try on gear...

...Want to start buying gear but maybe have to order online.

Most shops do not have a good selection of gear to try.  From Cinci, the closest place with a decent selection is probably the place that took over the Competition Accessories in Springfield - I think it's called Ride 1 Powersports now.  But the absolute BEST choice for shopping for anything motorcycle related is Iron Pony on the east side of Cols - you won't believe it until you see it.

4 hours ago, yoshiii said:

Tried a R3, well sat on it.  Fits well.  Tried a FZ07, well sat on it. And it fit well too.Saw acouple of 250 bikes from Suzuki, a ninja  one from 2011 I think and something else not sure what it was.

Did you try them in riding position with feet on the pegs? I have to say that my Ninja 300 was not all that comfortable to me. The Ninja 650 is better, but at only 5'8" and a little age, after a while the knee bend bothers me. Never have to worry about scraping a peg tho!

39 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

I'm 5'11" and after sitting on the fz07 I didn't even sign up for the demo. fz09 bars were about 2" wider. 'Course I wasn't thrilled by the 09 motor... And swap out my bars anyway.

Does it have riding modes?