600cc or 1000cc for starter bikes?(The never ending bike search thread!!)

yoshiii

This is Ohio riders. Not los Angeles riders.

1 hour ago, rawlins87 said:

90% are imported from CA.  This was listed two ago.  So If you know what your looking for you can find it. Clearly you don't know. https://losangeles.craigslist.org/ant/mcy/6128654727.html

So you're suggesting that op who is looking for his very first bike, is going to go through the trouble of searching out of state for a bike he didn't even know existed and pay a grand to have it shipped here. 

If you have to exaggerate to the point of absurdity, your argument probably isn't valid. If you have some axe to grind with me, which you seem to, take it up with me in my inbox.

OR thread evolution never gets old.

1. Advice thread
  2. Argument thread about said advice
  3. Hiro posts
  4. Fight
  5. Other member pulls rug out from under OP and snakes a deal on a good bike - assuming OP would buy anything other than a 1000RR moon rocket
  6. Someone gets buttmad
  7. OP is MIA
  8. ???
Edited by what
  • Upvote 3

10 hours ago, rawlins87 said:

Fzr 250 inline 4

cbr 250 (Japan/Asia market) inline 4

Wow, is that even useful tho? I imagine it makes better power at high rev than a 250 twin, but why have all that for 250cc?

I had a quiet visit with a Kawasaki Z800 at IP and I liked it! I guess another bike that would be over my head, or just test my discipline too much. (I mean, today's focus was just letting the bars settle naturally in a turn. heh) 121615-2016-kawasaki-z800-vs-suzuki-gsx-

Edited by hiro

22 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

Shhhh. No body tell my bike it's not supposed to be from texas.

OP isn't asking for small i4 it was Hiro-jacked

Yeah, sorry. heh I mean, everyone is still kinda making the point about the powerplants tho.

12 minutes ago, what said:

1. Advice thread
  3. Hiro posts
  4. Fight
  5. Other member pulls rug out from under OP and snakes a deal on a good bike - assuming OP would buy anything other than a 1000RR moon rocket
  6. Someone gets buttmad
  7. OP is MIA
  8. Oil thread!!!

FTFY

11 minutes ago, what said:

1. Advice thread
  3. Hiro posts
  4. Fight
  6. Someone gets buttmad
  7. OP is MIA
  8. ???

Hold up. What I basically posted was support for the idea of a 650 twin, I think. Then a bunch of other stuff, but whatever. So, did I trigger the fight stage or did it just happen as part of the regular routine? I can't believe I have my own place in the chain of events!

10 minutes ago, hiro said:

Hold up. What I basically posted was support for the idea of a 650 twin, I think. Then a bunch of other stuff, but whatever. So, did I trigger the fight stage or did it just happen as part of the regular routine? I can't believe I have my own place in the chain of events!

Fights just happen randomly. Who know's why. 

FTFY

Oh yeah, whoops. 

Edited by what

If the man wants a fast bike, the man can have a fast bike. This is the USA. That said, which fast bikes have rider modes or safety features? I imagine it would be pretty nice to have lean-angle sensitive ABS! But I'm guessing we're talking about a lower price range.

(Didn't everyone recommend something tall like a V-strom or Versys before? Or was that for someone else?)

I have been reading what everyone has said. lol

So with the gear, I have found some textile jackets with armour from 130 dollars up to 300 dollars.   

This any good?

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/revit-airforce-jacket

Whats the biggest difference in these jackets? 100 dollars-300 dollars?  

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2752/d/textile-vented-street-bike-jackets-for-men

This ?:

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/speed-and-strength-top-dead-center-jacket

23 minutes ago, yoshiii said:

I have been reading what everyone has said. lol

So with the gear, I have found some textile jackets with armour from 130 dollars up to 300 dollars.   

This any good?

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/revit-airforce-jacket

Whats the biggest difference in these jackets? 100 dollars-300 dollars?  

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2752/d/textile-vented-street-bike-jackets-for-men

This ?:

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/speed-and-strength-top-dead-center-jacket

So, we are on page 6 of opinions on what bike you should get.  That question will generate 6 more pages of opinions. All of the jackets you link to are acceptable. They are brand names and provide decent protection. Textile gear is good, and is what I wear...but it is not the 'best' protection you can get.  A full leather racing suit is better...but it sucks to ride around in one of those all day long.  So we make compromises.  Textile will take care of you pretty well.

You need pants too, don't skip the pants.

5 minutes ago, Tonik said:

So, we are on page 6 of opinions on what bike you should get.  That question will generate 6 more pages of opinions. All of the jackets you link to are acceptable. They are brand names and provide decent protection. Textile gear is good, and is what I wear...but it is not the 'best' protection you can get.  A full leather racing suit is better...but it sucks to ride around in one of those all day long.  So we make compromises.  Textile will take care of you pretty well.

You need pants too, don't skip the pants.

ok,

Is there much of a difference in stand still heat in the summer time with textile and leather?

Yes pants. Looking at riding jeans

Just now, yoshiii said:

ok,

Is there much of a difference in stand still heat in the summer time with textile and leather?

Textile is hot.  Leather is hot a hell. Welcome to motorcycling, it is an outdoor sport.  Sometimes it is hot, sometimes it is cold..sometimes it rains and I'll be damned if sometimes it doesn't snow. Layers is the key, take them off and put them on.

IMG_20170510_100206.jpg

SV650, 2004+ (the 2003 was a strange bastardization of earlier and later models, and modifying/ parts can get tricky).  Cheap, very manageable, suitable for learning as well as advanced riding.   Great all around bike.

Jackets:  I have a warm weather mesh style with armour.  I also have a non-mesh denim Cortech jacket which has a couple of zippered vents and a removable quilted liner for cooler weather.  These two serve me all year round.  Any jacket is better than none.   Get something that you like the look of and fits well (and same advice for a helmet) so you'll wearrrrr themmmm. Don't buy cheap just cuz its cheap but ugly.   A good quality jacket should last you for years.  

Edited by YSR_Racer_99

1 hour ago, yoshiii said:

ok,

On hot days, you're going to be hot as hell in anything you wear unless you buy squid gear. This dudes in this video are probably fairly comfortable. It's also a good example of why you'll find cheap liter bikes. 

That said, I wear full leathers every time I go out on any sort of lengthy ride. I don't use my bike to commute so that turns into pretty much every time I ride I'm wearing full race gear. I stay comfortable until it hits 90/95 degrees. The leathers are fine down to about 40 degrees, though I need some cold weather gloves. My hands were icicles on the last 40 degree morning ride over to Coshocton. 

4 hours ago, what said:

On hot days, you're going to be hot as hell in anything you wear unless you buy squid gear. This dudes in this video are probably fairly comfortable. It's also a good example of why you'll find cheap liter bikes. 

That said, I wear full leathers every time I go out on any sort of lengthy ride. I don't use my bike to commute so that turns into pretty much every time I ride I'm wearing full race gear. I stay comfortable until it hits 90/95 degrees. The leathers are fine down to about 40 degrees, though I need some cold weather gloves. My hands were icicles on the last 40 degree morning ride over to Coshocton. 

Why did they push the bike into the woods? Was it stolen?