ducati supersport fjr 1300 twisty ride

NinjaDoc

33 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Looks like a nice little ride... I think the sv needs a clutch. It's slipped on me 3 times getting on it in 2nd gear thusfar.

Put it in a higher gear but at a really low rpm/speed and go WOT. You will know for sure right away...it will slip like bitch if it's bad.

1 minute ago, Tonik said:

Put it in a higher gear but at a really low rpm/speed and go WOT. You will know for sure right away...it will slip like bitch if it's bad.

I'm pretty sure I've done that and it didn't slip, it's only slipped under hard accel and higher up in the rpm. I'll make a conscious effort to do that next time I ride it.

1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

I'm pretty sure I've done that and it didn't slip, it's only slipped under hard accel and higher up in the rpm. I'll make a conscious effort to do that next time I ride it.

I don't know where the extra kick comes in on a SV but on my VStrom you can definitely feel an extra kick at 5500 RPM which would explain what you have experienced. Not a whole lot of bang below that.. 

9 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

Short video from the ride today.

Someone is practicing on my turf. Sorry I could not make this. I'm kinda fond of this road. 646 as well. The little red rooster would have liked it..

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Cool video. She's so stealthy you can't even see her beyond that TopGun windscreen. Lol

Couple of things...

BamBam named her Isabella. 

I "think" she's sub-400 lbs. I'll get her to a weigh scale and find out. Now I'm curious. 

Can I get a copy without the "FastenSeatBelt" chime? 

Editing a longer simple upload, won't have seat belt on it :) 

next ride am changing the super wide angle view for sure. I always think about doing it and forget it when the time comes. Can get better view with that. 

1 minute ago, Al Z. Heimer said:

Someone is practicing on my turf. Sorry I could not make this. I'm kinda fond of this road. 646 as well. The little red rooster would have liked it..

Yes, we need to get to these roads for a short evening ride at aleast if long full day doesn't work. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, NinjaDoc said:

Yes, we need to get to these roads for a short evening ride at aleast if long full day doesn't work. 

Uhhhh. I now have all the time in the world................................Just no money.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Al Z. Heimer said:

Uhhhh. I now have all the time in the world................................Just no money.

I guess you prolly gonna thin the heard :( and I have a feeling only vstrom will survive the chopping block. If that's the case I will sell the feejer as well. And get a bike more suited to our vstrom days. Those were pretty much best rides I did on two wheels. As far as fjr, Around 3.5k miles on it and I am getting used to it. About time for OCD to strike 

4 minutes ago, jbot said:

"once the traffic 'let' us pass through"

Hahaha he did the last minute "let us pass" only once, rest of the time it was reasonable "LUP" apparently the legal team said not to include that in there. The rest of the stuff of course is broken and "appears" to be so. 

10 hours ago, Al Z. Heimer said:

I don't know where the extra kick comes in on a SV but on my VStrom you can definitely feel an extra kick at 5500 RPM which would explain what you have experienced. Not a whole lot of bang below that.. 

You start feeling the SV pick up around 5k. It likes to run between 5500-7500, I found the sweet spot to be right around 7k for twisties. 

35 minutes ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

Just when that 1300 comes up on the cams and I think nivin is gonna pour the coal to her so I can hear her sing.....he doesn't. 

#doyoueventhrottlebro?

Those FJRs pull like mules on the bottom end. A few weeks ago in VA me and @JustinNck1 were rolling at a good pace while talking on the coms. He says he's rolling in top gear while in ringing her neck on mine in 3rd. Not saying he was pulling me be i was impressed with his roll out off corners at such a low rpm.

Edited by 2talltim

1 hour ago, 2talltim said:

Those FJRs pull like mules on the bottom end. A few weeks ago in VA me and @JustinNck1 were rolling at a good pace while talking on the coms. He says he's rolling in top gear while in ringing her neck on mine in 3rd. Not saying he was pulling me be i was impressed with his roll out off corners at such a low rpm.

Yeah you can chug them like tractors. I've never been a high RPM kinda guy.

Miss the view of @Uncle Punk Ventura rack and @Isaac's Papa top case on multi :) 

yes @Tonik the vstrom I sold :( but life is too short and so many bikes to get to know and keep being the prodigal asshat. 

@CrazySkullCrusher Sam the bike pull like a freight train, literally with its weight it's the effect. The video and its crappy view point doesn't do justification to way it actually feels, the speed we kept on those roads. It accelerates fast for 700lb, and u don't feel the speed since it's like a ship in lake, and if I keep giving it more coal I prolly will have to use brakes at corners,  as of now this was good enough to keep the rhythm going. May be once I am more confident of the weight and trusting the bike, perhaps I can keep pushing. Pauly rides smooth and quick so it's fun to follow.