Ohio student suspended for liking a pic of an airsoft gun

Casper

A good friend of mine who's an I.T. guy at a school just outside Boston is banned from working for the rest of the year because he told a female student "you shouldn't speak to people like that." after she called him a cock sucking faggot. She went and complained to the principal that she was being mentally abused and now he's going without pay for 2 months.

The times we live in. 

5 hours ago, what said:

A good friend of mine who's an I.T. guy at a school just outside Boston is banned from working for the rest of the year because he told a female student "you shouldn't speak to people like that." after she called him a cock sucking faggot. She went and complained to the principal that she was being mentally abused and now he's going without pay for 2 months.

The times we live in. 

If he is (or even if he isn't) a "CSF", he should sue for sexual discrimination!  Either way, it's seriously sad what we've become.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Qman said:

If he is (or even if he isn't) a "CSF", he should sue for sexual discrimination!  Either way, it's seriously sad what we've become.

Nope, unfortunately in this case he is the enemy of mankind, a straight white male. 

1 hour ago, what said:

Nope, unfortunately in this case he is the enemy of mankind, a straight white male. 

I hear ya....the only race/sex that is legally discriminated against!  

Heard a guy on a talk show once that said "If you're a straight white male and you have any thoughts of going to your HR department for any discrimination issue, you might as well just quit first.

Schools get really wacky with this kind of stuff.  They're obligated to react, and ensure that they're taking steps to protect students, but they tend to swing wildly when it comes to reacting, overreacting, or ignoring.

• Upvote 1

On 5/9/2017 at 7:32 AM, Isaac's Papa said:

Nope. Just not a blind idiot. America lost the war when she became something less than she was. Our entire culture has changed from proud and free to spoiled and cowardly. The heart of what made America really great is long gone. Standing in the face of adversity with our middle fingers raised slightly higher than our rifle sights is how we used to roll. Now we treat children like terrorists and a threat to national security because actual freedom is too hard. America has developed a cancer and I'm not sure she's gonna recover. 

Strong men fight, leading to good times, good times create weak men, weak men lead to bad times, bad times create strong men..... so on and so forth.  It's the cycle of 1st world society.  When life is easy, people start to worry about all these petty things.  Literally make up stuff to stir drama.  But when the SHTF, this stuff all disappears and the real, strong people of the country emerge to fight, patriotism is restored.  Then it all starts over again.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, owndjoo said:

Strong men fight, leading to good times, good times create weak men, weak men lead to bad times, bad times create strong men..... so on and so forth.  It's the cycle of 1st world society.  When life is easy, people start to worry about all these petty things.  Literally make up stuff to stir drama.  But when the SHTF, this stuff all disappears and the real, strong people of the country emerge to fight, patriotism is restored.  Then it all starts over again.

I fear that time is near (SHTF time)!

It is sad to say that even with the current "hairpiece in charge" I continue to reload ammo as often as my free time allows.  Gotta wonder if there are qty restrictions to be considered that puts you above what is considered personal use in Ohio. ;)