From a Duc to a Harley? Say it isn't so.

baptizo

Well, after years of riding only sport bikes and having not ridden my Duc in about two years I am now the owner of a 2013 Harley Breakout.  I came about it via a trade for one of my trucks last week after getting little interest in it on CL.  

I've always wanted a Sportster but I must say the Breakout is a nice looking bike and albeit a little slow not to mention slower responding with the steering than my Duc it is fun to ride.  Mods include a Stage 1 kit with Cobra pipes, sissy bar, and chrome wheels (don't know the manufacturer) but it is otherwise stock with just over 1600 miles. 

IMG_0652.thumb.JPG.51796a62b0bf98d37fefc041282fe5c5.JPGIMG_0651_masked.thumb.jpg.ec9c5ad8bcc074949a8c6e7fbca3e87a.jpgIMG_0650.thumb.JPG.8e801f052eb067c318e32eeb3bee613a.JPGIMG_0653.thumb.JPG.8192a59c5252d53f951b6f47cf0d2c9d.JPG

15 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

Congo Baptizo, you still have the yellow duc.? That's a very clean bike for a high mileage Harley 

Thanks, bro.  

Yes, I still have the yellow Duc but haven't ridden it in over two years.  At present, it is sitting with bad fuel in the tank but hopefully, it'll be back on the road soon and for sale. The Harley is a different riding experience, at least at lower speeds, so I've been getting better at using the friction zone and rear brake to help with steering tighter.  

Nice looking bike! The breakout is probably my favorite in the Harley line up. That duc is gonna feel like a dirt bike on steroids when you take it around the block. That's how my 1100 feels after riding my mean streak for a while. May as well keep them both there's nothing like options when you open the garage door!

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Harley. Ducati. Potato. Potato. 

Nah....The Italian Harley is called a "Moto-Guzzi"!

Edited by Qman

2 hours ago, Kritz said:

After mods :)

High-Motorcycle-Handles.jpg

She'll never look like that, I promise!  Speaking of mods, I did my first one today - installed a HD Daymaker headlight and man, their stuff is expensive but it is a huge improvement over the stock unit.