Western Ohio riders to 2017 Epic Ride

Helmutt

Saturday May 20th, 2017

Western Ohio meet spot will be at the Shell station on the corner of Leffel Ln and S Limestone ( Rt72).  Wife and I will get there about 745am, fuel up, and be ready to roll I-70 east by 8am sharp.

Shell Gas Station

2301 S. Limestone St.

Springfield, OH 45505

The secondary meet point in SE Columbus, giving other central Ohio area riders a collection point to hookup with an OR group to ride in with, will be at...

Eastland Shell Mini Mart

2191 South Hamilton Road

Columbus, OH 43232

We should be at this secondary meet point just before 9am, pending traffic.

THIS WILL BE A QUICK STOP SO WE CAN MAKE THE EPIC RIDE MEET POINT ON TIME, SO PLEASE BE FUELED AND READY

Plan to head back out from there no later than 9:10 to ensure we reach the Epic Ride meet point in McConnelsville by 10:30'ish am.

*NEW riders & 1st time Epic Riders* This is virtually ALL slab work to McConnelsville, so anyone tentative about interstate riding should beware. The pace will be a typical 10'ish over the limit all the way there.

Here's where we're heading...

Edited by Hellmutt

See you goobers there, maybe. The

Southern Ohio Forrest Rally is the same weekend and a buddy of mine is ranked #1 in the country in 2WD division and asked me to go down so I may be coming from there. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, cptchaos said:

Hi guys and gals, I moved to Columbus last year so I'll see you at the Hamilton meet point. I sold my Yamaha yzf600r and am rockin' a red Harley V-rod now. 

Sounds good, been a couple seasons since we've shook hands.  See ya there

On 5/5/2017 at 11:48 AM, Hellmutt said:

Sounds good, been a couple seasons since we've shook hands.  See ya there

Yeah, work got in the way of the organized trips but if it's not snowing, I'm riding!

12 hours ago, 600ZZ4eb said:

Once you guys leave S. Hamilton red which way are you going to the meetup spot?

According to Garmin, I-70 east to Zanesville then due south to McConnelsville is the quickest route.  This is the furthest gathering point we've had, so I'm planning to take the fastest way there

5 hours ago, Strictly Street said:

Starting the weather watch......

Sat   96.png40%

Sun 84.png80%

Rain date looks wetter than the event date.

Sure hope this changes for the better.

Boooo.....BUT, it IS Ohio so it could improve by then.....or a blizzard may move in :D

Do yourselves a favor and don't look at the weather until Friday.

Also, it seems I'm trailering over this time because I am picking up a spare tire for Dan that he'll need down at Deal's Gap next month. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Hellmutt said:

According to Garmin, I-70 east to Zanesville then due south to McConnelsville is the quickest route.  This is the furthest gathering point we've had, so I'm planning to take the fastest way there

Ok, was thinking 70 to 13 to 37 to 78 to get you off freeway with a little fun pre ride and only adds about 10 mins according to Google maps.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 600ZZ4eb said:

Ok, was thinking 70 to 13 to 37 to 78 to get you off freeway with a little fun pre ride and only adds about 10 mins according to Google maps.

Done deal.  If that's all it adds to the trek, it's worth getting off the slab for

Day after tomorrow is it folks, so if you're planning on meeting us at either of these 2 stops but haven't chimed in here to let us know who to expect, ya best be on time....we need to be punctual on departure times to make McConnelsville on time.  

Hope to see a good turnout, route looks fun and weather should be promising.

Edited by Hellmutt

1 hour ago, Strictly Street said:

Looks  like ride has been canceled.

Rain date doesn't  look much better. Awe Shucks!

Always liked the meet and great.........

Sigh........

Many are still riding. Check the main thread. Same meet spot, same time. 

Wife and I are suiting up to go anyway.  We'll stick to the route we intended with the 2 stops on our way there, just in case anyone else wants to join us.  We plan to be at the boat ramp about 1030ish.