Fjr 1300 Med fast twisty on imperfect pavement

NinjaDoc

Hopefully some of you guys got to get out for a while. It was dark and cloudy but thankfully no rain. Weekend looks like crapshoot, I don't mind since am working both days whole day hehe 

here is a short video. Can you feel the rebound is too much just from the video, ? It's was a jarring ride, but thankfully I think with stop adjust stop adjust scenario I was able to get it sorted out by the end of the day. 

@Tonik @Al Z. Heimer raised rear links gone now :) much more stable. Thankfully did t crash before that. 

@Jester @TimTheAzn are there suspension guys around at track days? will I be able to ride to a track day place and work with the guy even if not part of the track event? 

33 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

Hopefully some of you guys got to get out for a while. It was dark and cloudy but thankfully no rain. Weekend looks like crapshoot, I don't mind since am working both days whole day hehe 

here is a short video. Can you feel the rebound is too much just from the video, ? It's was a jarring ride, but thankfully I think with stop adjust stop adjust scenario I was able to get it sorted out by the end of the day. 

@Tonik @Al Z. Heimer raised rear links gone now :) much more stable. Thankfully did t crash before that. 

@Jester @TimTheAzn are there suspension guys around at track days? will I be able to ride to a track day place and work with the guy even if not part of the track event? 

not sure if anyone would be familiar with setting suspension for a loaded down fjr. I could be wrong tho. But in general there's tons of knowledge around the paddock. It wasn't 5 minutes after I rolled my bike off the trailer at Road Atlanta that some guys caught that I had my forks set too high off the tripple tree. 

Ah sounds good, most likely I will just ride it as such since it seems more stable and planted now. I remember @blue03636 years ago telling rebound was high or something just from looking at the picture of tires. Your trajunkies know your suspension I guess. I am usually not type A about suspension and let it be and ride and learn what's been dealt with. This is the first time I spend money to update the suspension due to sheer boredom of winter and wanting to do something. That guilt is driving me crazy to keep tweeting the crap to get best out of it :( 

4 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

Come on a ride.  We'll get the suspension sorted at a gas stop.

Awesome. For sure, need to ogle at that Vfr too. Also need to follow you guys someday (try to follow lol ) looked far and wide for a good deal on viffer 12 before the fjr bug hit and tried it :) may be next time. 

Wow, makes me want a bike like that! To me the bike /looks/ huge and cumbersome, but it moves! Having some cargo space wouldn't hurt either. (I don't know if I'm getting smarter or just older. Probably just older. haha)

18 minutes ago, hiro said:

Wow, makes me want a bike like that! To me the bike /looks/ huge and cumbersome, but it moves! Having some cargo space wouldn't hurt either. (I don't know if I'm getting smarter or just older. Probably just older. haha)

Everyone wakes up and sees the light eventually. ;)

• Upvote 2