Battery terminal cover/boot

motocat12

Cant fully see what you got going on there, but looks like you got a 90 degree connection. I might be tempted to find another battery lug and do a good crimp/solder and get some red heat shrinking around it so it is just a straight on connector. Also go looking for a cleaner fitting battery lug cover. - Plenty of different style out there. 

Probably the rarest type connector. Fords, some Mopar, and some mil-spec types. Don't see any aftermarket for that, you're looking for OEM mostly. Had those on an old Ford van, that had the battery in a box behind the driver. You might try a marine outfitter place, those batteries are in a box and maybe right angle like that. They might sell that type of terminal cover.

edit: I'm an idiot, I thought that was on your car/truck and heavy gauge. Looking again....

Edited by ReconRat

1 hour ago, Danimal said:

the boots are there to merely prevent something under your seat from shorting out the two terminals.

Take a piece of a yoga mat or similar crap and cut a strip off. Place over both terminals. Reinstall seat. Done

+ could short  to a terminal, the frame, the starter solenoid, (future corbin metal seat pan?). There is packing tape now but if it needs taken care of anyway before I sell, have it serviced, or some white night yahoo tries to stick his head under my seat while I'm fixing something else. You have to squeeze the metal ecu box out over it to swap eproms. It's Italian and old, battery is ok but other things get looked at.