Any triumph techs?

o-no-moto

Been trying to figured out this random misfire on the 06 Sprint 1050. Happens anytime the throttle is above 2500 rpm.

No codes and have done a cylinder cut out but doesn't appear to have a bad coil or injectors. 

Replaced plugs and swapped in new coils still does not change anything. 

Talked to j.d hord and is backed up a ways and is not sure when he can get to it. The misfire isnt bad enough to drop a cylinder but does fluctuate 100-200 rpm and makes the bike have a jerky feeling while riding. 

Chain isnt sloppy and will do it while on the stand.

Thinking possable fuel pressure' crank sensor?

1 hour ago, o-no-moto said:

I have but dont really get any replies.

Must not have the Euro swag or something. 

I did get a hold of j.d hord and am dropping the bike off with him Saturday.

Yeah, they are a bunch of fickle fuckers at times. Good luck this weekend! Hope you get it sorted out so you can truly enjoy this wonderful motor. 

• Upvote 1

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 9:41 AM, TimTheAzn said:

Aren't all Triumph owners "Triumph Tech's" at some point?

I believe someone told me the old slogan was ( Triumph' making great mechanic's out of normal men).

Like @oldschoolsdime92 and I mentioned, hoping it's a simple pump starvation issue ( filter ).  Keep us posted on what Hord finds out with it on the dyno this weekend.

Also, you're welcome to my factory service manual ( 2011 GT book, but I believe the engine's are unchanged from yours ) if it will help narrow down the issue, or if you need any specs/diagrams to chase down the gremlins

Edited by Hellmutt

6 hours ago, Hellmutt said:

Like @oldschoolsdime92 and I mentioned, hoping it's a simple pump starvation issue ( filter ).  Keep us posted on what Hord finds out with it on the dyno this weekend.

Also, you're welcome to my factory service manual ( 2011 GT book, but I believe the engine's are unchanged from yours ) if it will help narrow down the issue, or if you need any specs/diagrams to chase down the gremlins

Let me only hope it would be in the tune like a lean misfire. 

I had a 84 cutlass with a 3.8 i soupped up and my funds lead me to put a holly 650 on it. Yes yes i know way overkill for a 6 banger.

I had to jet it way down to be able to drive it. If i ran a ( well say a 82 jet ) was a bit rich but then dropped it to a 80 it would have a lean spot in about the same rpm band and conditions as my sprint does now. 

But yes i will keep the post updated.  Many times i follow a old post for a problem only to have no out come. 

Well just got back from the tuner.

First off j.d hord is a cool guy and will be getting all my bike business.

Made a couple of hard dyno pulls while monitoring a/f ratio and everything looked good. Discussed what my concerns were and also showed him.

We came to the conclusion that the tire 'chain.and sprockets need replaced. Also will be looking at the cush drive. Didnt want to thump to hard on it with the drive line slop. 

Yes the chain was adjusted before i took it but after a few hard pulls it slacked back up. So new parts are on ordered and we shall see

• Upvote 1

And for what its worth. My bike made 115 hp not sure on the toqure as he didnt have his tach hooked up. He showed me a dyno pull of someone else's triumph like mine and it had 117 hp. Said the map that was in it was pretty good and he wouldn't really be able to improve much on it. He didnt decline to try and inprove on it but i figured the money would be better spent elsewhere. 

That's not so bad, mine made 120 on his dyno a few years back but I had the aftermarket pipes and did the CAT and SAI delete.

This was the best we could get from it after about 45 minutes of tuning.

triumph.jpg

Edited by vf1000ride
  • Upvote 1