Mid-O May 14 (Sunday)

what

35 minutes ago, Trackbikez said:

@ludwb675 - Are you bringing Dave along w/ you?  I'm debating Sun, Mon, OR Tues as well.

Sunday would save me from having to use a vacation day..

Dave is planning on coming to Mid-O if the weather gods play nice; currently looking like Tues. I'm not sure if he will be making the trip to PIRC. 

Edited by ludwb675

57 minutes ago, ludwb675 said:

I save a week of my vacation days just for track days. 

I've got more than enough vacation time. The problem is that I am in a specialized position and HAVE to be there on certain days. Monday and Tuesday are two of those days. :\ 

9 minutes ago, what said:

I've got more than enough vacation time. The problem is that I am in a specialized position and HAVE to be there on certain days. Monday and Tuesday are two of those days. :\ 

BOOOOOO!!!!!   That's a good problem to have. But sucks that you can never make the Mid-O track days cause of it. 

3 minutes ago, ludwb675 said:

BOOOOOO!!!!!   That's a good problem to have. But sucks that you can never make the Mid-O track days cause of it. 

Job security, sure; but the pay doesn't necessarily reflect the position, sadly. 

And it's not never, just this upcoming week I am scheduled to work with a client on Monday and Tuesday so I can't take the days off. Here's hoping Monday's weather turns into Sunday's weather. If the AM rain goes away Sunday I'll be going to the track for sure. I need a shakedown day for the Ducati, since I haven't run the new front end/suspension before and I want to move up to I so I can run twilight sessions this summer as well... June 5th is the next chance I'll have to hit the track and that's a long time away, hehe. 

Edited by what

16 hours ago, durk said:

No epic ride for you? I initially was going to try the freebie session from N2 the 20th. When the epic was scheduled for that date I decided I'd wait before I tempted myself to fall in love with track days. 

The sv needs a chain and sprockets and possibly a clutch. I'm hesitant to go on longer rides until then.

• Upvote 1

This dang weather forecast... It was looking like low 60s on Sunday with rain in the morning, then it went up to 70s and I got excited... now it's back down to a cloudy low 60. I'll probably wait until Saturday before I pull the trigger on Sunday. 

I Initially said I would decide today but I think I'm going to wait until Saturday morning since Sunday's weather has been all over the place. If Sunday doesn't work out, I will be there Monday since I now don't have to be at work until 7pm that day. 

54 minutes ago, RavioliG said:

I'll likely still be going Sunday! 

If you go Sunday, be careful with rain showers. 

At this point it looks like I'll be going Monday. If anyone else plans on going Monday, let me know and we can split a garage. If things change with Sunday's forecast tomorrow there's a chance but it's slim at this point. 

Edited by what

34 minutes ago, Trackbikez said:

At the moment -- Tuesday is looking like the best day... low 80s and overcast with 0% chance of rain.

Depending on how much rain Sunday night brings (40% chance at the moment), Monday morning could be iffy.

Yeah it all depends. If rain isn't going to happen until late in the day/overnight Sunday I will go Sunday and not Monday. I'll know by tomorrow afternoon. Tuesday definitely looks like the best option but sadly I'm stuck working and can't take that particular day off. 

Edited by what

Meh, 50/50 I'll go tomorrow or Monday. Tomorrow looks better now tbh. Bike is loaded on trailer and everything is packed already so...

Edited by what

On 5/12/2017 at 1:43 PM, RavioliG said:

I'll likely still be going Sunday! 

If you end up going tomorrow, look for me. I'm the tall, kinda fat guy with a grey Honda Element and red/white Ducati Supersport. I'll be there around 7-7:30 probably. May rent a garage, may not. Not sure yet. 

It was a beautiful day at the track. Met Ravi and his fiance, ended the day running 2:01 but a leg cramp put an early end to any more gains in the afternoon. Next time I hope to hit 1:50's. 

I've got video from about every session, although the morning sessions were kinda snoozefests since there were 35 people in novice and it was traffic jams everywhere. All in all I'm happy with where I'm at for the first of 4-5 track days this year. Good luck to all you guys running on Tuesday, I hope the weather is even nicer for ya. 

2 hours ago, what said:

It was a beautiful day at the track. Met Ravi and his fiance, ended the day running 2:01 but a leg cramp put an early end to any more gains in the afternoon. Next time I hope to hit 1:50's. 

I've got video from about every session, although the morning sessions were kinda snoozefests since there were 35 people in novice and it was traffic jams everywhere. All in all I'm happy with where I'm at for the first of 4-5 track days this year. Good luck to all you guys running on Tuesday, I hope the weather is even nicer for ya. 

It was nice meeting you Andy! Thanks again for the tips

As a repeat offender of skipping leg day, my thighs are KILLING ME.

14 hours ago, RavioliG said:

It was nice meeting you Andy! Thanks again for the tips

As a repeat offender of skipping leg day, my thighs are KILLING ME.

Same, I'm dreading tomorrow. 2nd day after is usually the worst. 

6 minutes ago, Trackbikez said:

Cleared for the day off tomorrow!  Hope to see a few friendly faces there...

Have fun! Wish I had the day off, I might be tempted to go again, lol... shaved 10 seconds off my lap times yesterday before legs started cramping and I decided to call it a day. Want to drop into mid 1:50's, need to get my corner speed up. Ended the day at 2:01 (session 5) but felt like I could have shaved a few more seconds in the afternoon sessions if my muscles hadn't decided to misbehave... Next time for sure. 

Edited by what