Mid-O May 14 (Sunday)

what

45 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

I'll be poaching the weather. Probably commit by wed or Thursday of that week. Unless others think it may fill before that based on its the first day of the year there.

They run the weekend before, so hopefully it won't be 1'st day crowded. The biggest thing is it's one of the only weekend days available this summer at Mid-O. 

I should note that I am on the same tentative schedule as Tim. I won't be committing to any track days at Mid-O until around 2-3 days out since the weather is so unpredictable in this state. 

• Upvote 1

On April 28, 2017 at 4:53 PM, what said:

I should note that I am on the same tentative schedule as Tim. I won't be committing to any track days at Mid-O until around 2-3 days out since the weather is so unpredictable in this state. 

Wonder how long we can hold of reserving a garage....

1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

Wonder how long we can hold of reserving a garage....

I can call next week when I'm back from Dallas and find out, unless you'd like to. 

I'm signed up for the 14th! Totally going to go if weather and health permit.

Going to be in Novice class. 

Just prepped and loaded my bike on the truck yesterday.. Can anyone spot me on Sunday pulling it out of the truck? 

image1.JPG

• Upvote 1

Andy and I are gonna poach the weather until Thursday and then make the call for ourselves then. I spoke to mid Ohio, there's no camping Saturday night but you can camp outside the gate which, if I go I'll probably do so I don't have a 4am wake up call at home.

5 hours ago, RavioliG said:

I'm signed up for the 14th! Totally going to go if weather and health permit.

Going to be in Novice class. 

Just prepped and loaded my bike on the truck yesterday.. Can anyone spot me on Sunday pulling it out of the truck? 

image1.JPG

I can help if we end up going. Need a spot to pit? I believe Andy and I are renting a garage.

Edited by TimTheAzn
  • Upvote 1

Indeed. Assuming we go, we can help you unload and we will have space in our garage. The garage is $50 total, so split 3 ways it would be about $17 each. We will make a decision Thursday night whether or not we'll be running on the 14th. If it's going to be cloudy and chilly or just plain cold, we will not be going. Sunny and near 70 is what we're looking for. 

@RavioliG - Word of advice if you're new to Mid-O, do not go if it's raining. The track turns into a skating rink. I've never tried it but that's the reason AMA doesn't race there anymore...

Edited by what
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

I can help if we end up going. Need a spot to pit? I believe Andy and I are renting a garage.

21 hours ago, what said:

Indeed. Assuming we go, we can help you unload and we will have space in our garage. The garage is $50 total, so split 3 ways it would be about $17 each. We will make a decision Thursday night whether or not we'll be running on the 14th. If it's going to be cloudy and chilly or just plain cold, we will not be going. Sunny and near 70 is what we're looking for. 

@RavioliG - Word of advice if you're new to Mid-O, do not go if it's raining. The track turns into a skating rink. I've never tried it but that's the reason AMA doesn't race there anymore...

Thanks! And good info - hitting the wet sealant at mid-O in my car is sometimes concerning, but bet it's downright terrifying on a bike. 

And that'd be sweet.. I'd be down to split! 

13 minutes ago, ludwb675 said:

Tuesday is looking pretty nice at the moment. Currently that is my plan, if not i'll be at PIRC on the 20th as well. 

I'm stuck working Monday/Tuesday so Sunday is really my only option. I'm going to make my decision Friday night instead of Thursday. If it's going to be damp/rainy or a high in the low 60's I probably won't be going. 

2 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

I called it for myself. Weather for me is too iffy this early in the season for mid Ohio. Instead I'll be running PIRC the following weekend 5/20 and also doing N2's race license school.

No epic ride for you? I initially was going to try the freebie session from N2 the 20th. When the epic was scheduled for that date I decided I'd wait before I tempted myself to fall in love with track days. 

55 minutes ago, what said:

I'm stuck working Monday/Tuesday so Sunday is really my only option. I'm going to make my decision Friday night instead of Thursday. If it's going to be damp/rainy or a high in the low 60's I probably won't be going. 

I save a week of my vacation days just for track days.