Tim is down, but not out.

Tonik

23 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

My wife thinks if I had to be carried out of there I probably would have been cited.

Cited?  Without prior signage, how could you be ticketed for anything?  Or is there some disclaimers posted at the trail head?

1 hour ago, Hellmutt said:

Cited?  Without prior signage, how could you be ticketed for anything?  Or is there some disclaimers posted at the trail head?

Trail heads there were basic signs that said stay on trails, but nothing about citations. Now there are new signs at the trail heads and near the ciffs areas and they do mention citations.

this is what the law reads.

1501:46-3-30 Off-trail use prohibited.

No person shall be permitted off the posted trails within Hocking Hills, Mohican, John Bryan, or Nelson Kennedy Ledges state parks, or designated areas, without written permission of the chief, except in those areas specifically designated for public use (campgrounds, picnic areas, hunting areas, rock-climbing areas).

• 8 months later...

Well yesterday was the 1 year anniversary of this event. Looking back I'm so grateful it wasn't much worse. Want to thank all of those again that helped me get through that. Year later I still have pain and stiffness in my back with the bulging disk and a pinched nerve in my L2 that makes my left thigh burn and tingle all the time.  But it is what it is, probably have to deal with it the rest of my life.  One thing's for sure it's made me appreciate life a whole lot more and made me more cautious. 

On 8/9/2017 at 12:55 PM, 2talltim said:

this is what the law reads.

1501:46-3-30 Off-trail use prohibited.

No person shall be permitted off the posted trails within Hocking Hills, Mohican, John Bryan, or Nelson Kennedy Ledges state parks, or designated areas, without written permission of the chief, except in those areas specifically designated for public use (campgrounds, picnic areas, hunting areas, rock-climbing areas).

This is public land, not sure how they can restrict access to 99.9% of it, legally speaking. 

All said and done, you recovered really quickly, Tim. Glad you're still riding with us. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, what said:

This is public land, not sure how they can restrict access to 99.9% of it, legally speaking. 

I'm really not sure but I'm no lawyer and didn't stay at a holiday inn express last night. :dunno:   

Edited by 2talltim
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, MidgetTodd said:

It’s been my experience that posted warnings exist for a reason and generally they are posted as a result of an action that all of us usually wonder what dipshit would’ve done that. 

Well in this case at least we’re not left to wonder......

?

Todd wins the internet today.

• Upvote 1