Tim is down, but not out.

Tonik

Thanks bubbys, it's a L2 compression fracture. (Thought they said L3 but Simone heard wrong) Not sure of the severity yet, just got bavk from thr MRI. They are hoping no surgery will be needed but we will see. Lots of pain, never felt pain like that before.

Was hiking at Mohican with the family and me and my son wanted to wander to the bottom of the Little Lyonns falls while the girls watched from above. I was going ahead of my son to make sure he didn't get hurt. About half way down there was a spot where their was wet moss on the rock edge so I tested it with one foot. Seemed to be okay so I proceded, soon as I put  all my weight down my foot went out from under me and down I go with nothing to grab onto. It was about 25 ft to the bottom the first 10 ft was about a 45 degree slide then  it drops straight down for the last 15 or more feet. When I crashed I hit the bottom full speed in a semi seated position between a large rock and a log and my mower back took All the ompact. Surprisingly enouch nothing else was hurt but I knew my back was fucked. At that point I was at the bottom of a 50 to 60 ft ravine and needed to climb out using tree roots and stones.  Took me 20 min to get back up to the path with the assistance of a couple good Samaritans. Then it was a half mile trail hike back to the car that took maybe a hour using baby steps. 

Once to the car we made the decision to drive to Columbus to come to Riverside Hospital because all the local hospitals suck. And I'm glad we did they have been awesome here. Taking every precaution and getting me comfortable with minimal waiting. They admitted me for observation and to fit me with snack brace tomorrow morning  hopefully head home late tommorow.

As far as riding season and the trip in June only time will tell  Even if I can't make the Ozark trip or get on the bike I'm coming to Fontana even if it means driving the car. Thabks for all thr thoughts and prayers you all are the best folks, friends and family a bubby could ask for.  Here are some picks for your viewing pleasure.

20170423_141932.thumb.jpg.2f8cfcb060e9cfce61acb239c717fdb4.jpg

20170423_142557.thumb.jpg.0b0d1405edf2910a8358d0f2a9e19482.jpg

20170423_142753.thumb.jpg.83d50fafc3b2fe5a5632faaac7487752.jpg

20170423_142800.thumb.jpg.28c7b3a4c0083d84152a028f02b6d505.jpg20170423_142841.thumb.jpg.33c42357ceca982238c68b2c21e506db.jpg

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Someone has to know if he's receiving visitors? Which hospital? 

I'll check here in the morning before I leave for work. I can be there and cool to haul some peeps if Tim is up to visitors. 

Thanks for the offer to visit man but I honestly just want to get the fuck out of here asap tommorow. If I end up staying longer I'll post up where my fine accommodations are. 

• Upvote 2

Damn tuff Bastid, u even posted a ride report :) 

on the plus side u look like ur getting through this. Yep that's a freaking tough fall could have been worse, glad it didn't turn out and u be making a fast recovery. Vertebral augmentation surgery is a bit questionable efficacy with camps on both yes and no people. Hopefully ur pain is not significant to even discuss the procedure and just rest and pain Med is good enough. ( try to avoid opioids as much as possible, it's a rabbit hole for many good folks) June palooza will be a tough risky goal to make, we can always rerun in fall and many more including me will gladly join you then big man. 

Stand tall like like you always do, we got your back. 

• Upvote 1

Well just got fitted for my brace I have to wear for 5 to 7 weeks when I'm out of bed. This thing is going to suck ass. Damn thing more or less turns me into a turtle. Trying to avoid the pain meds, too much I know they can be addicting. Thanks again for all the text, messages and post from everyone checking in on me.

20170424_104745.thumb.jpg.ce92fb4192a927660772a0c12b0dcf62.jpg

• Upvote 3

tumblr_inline_ns5lf9q0vJ1shsvef_500.jpg

someone bring the man a pizza

also, good choice on Riverside. They 100% comped my aunt's heart attack care a couple years back since she's a hippie that lives off the grid in WV with no health insurance. I do a lot of work for OhioHealth and they run some quality establishments. 

Edited by what