Tim is down, but not out.

Tonik

Well looked up the claims for my little hospital visit. Total billed $25,589.80, total I owe is $3699.96 so im only $300 from my max out of pocket for the year. Still have follow up visits and xrays too.  So if someone in the family is going to get sick it had better be this year..LOL. Still got one kid that needs his tonsils out.;)

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Tpoppa said:

I hit my out of pocket max last year :( I'm hoping not to do it again anytime soon.

We hit it last year too but it wasn't till November with my wife's two surgeries looks like 2 years in a row. 

• Upvote 1

Glad you're on the mend Tim! Know you're anxious to get going but I would defintely take it slow with that kind of injury if you can stand it 

Loved looking at our stuff last year. Hit ours in july because of the twins and extended NICU stay for one of them 

insurance ended up paying out like $150k

Edited by Bad324

• 4 weeks later...

Just found this thread, Tim I hope all is well by now! I read all the way through looking for the update after your follow up appt. I've been through a back injury in the past, so I know your pain. Just be lucky it wasn't the lower levels like S1/L5 or L5/L4 At least I'm thinking up in L2 you didn't get the sciatica pain down one or both of your legs. I'm currently off work for my shoulder, collecting short term disability. Sucks living off 60% pay, so personally I can't wait to get back to work. And word to the wise, if there's a next time that is. Take your pain meds on time everyday as prescribed! To help keep the pain under control. Don't believe all that crap about addiction, it's like anything else mental addiction maybe. So if you have a strong mind, you won't get addicted.

get well bubby!

4 hours ago, M_Quick said:

Just found this thread, Tim I hope all is well by now! I read all the way through looking for the update after your follow up appt. I've been through a back injury in the past, so I know your pain. Just be lucky it wasn't the lower levels like S1/L5 or L5/L4 At least I'm thinking up in L2 you didn't get the sciatica pain down one or both of your legs. I'm currently off work for my shoulder, collecting short term disability. Sucks living off 60% pay, so personally I can't wait to get back to work. And word to the wise, if there's a next time that is. Take your pain meds on time everyday as prescribed! To help keep the pain under control. Don't believe all that crap about addiction, it's like anything else mental addiction maybe. So if you have a strong mind, you won't get addicted.

get well bubby!

Thanks man, yea im healing good. Doc said every thing is stablized and I can make my bike trip next week if I take it easy and wear the new brace she gave me. Just got back from florida with the family and got plenty of hot tub soaking in. I have some pain down my leg but it very slight and comes and goes. I too will be off till mid july only making 60% of my pay. 

On 4/24/2017 at 0:36 AM, 2talltim said:

Sorry to hear about your fall. Hope you can heal up quick.

I've had a couple close calls there too. Once crossing the flat feeder stream above (before they built that boardwalk crossing above the Falls, I got to sliding in the muck and heading for the edge. Had to flop face down and grab for whatever I could get ahold of, and crawl back from the edge like a snail in the mud. Another time slid down the edge trail (probably where you were) in a crab-walk stance-feet flat, laying back with arms out behind at waist level acting as drag brakes. Luckily it was dry that day and it was a controlled slide. Was able to reach out with an outstretched leg and catch a tree or rock or something before I got down to the final drop.

Sounds like yours was a wet, mossy slip-n-slide at high speed. Probably no time to even realize whats happening until the damage is done.

Get Well Brother.

20170423_142557.thumb.jpg.0b0d1405edf2910a8358d0f2a9e19482.jpg

20170423_142841.thumb.jpg.33c42357ceca982238c68b2c21e506db.jpg

On 5/29/2017 at 11:03 AM, 2talltim said:

Thanks man, yea im healing good. Doc said every thing is stablized and I can make my bike trip next week if I take it easy and wear the new brace she gave me. Just got back from florida with the family and got plenty of hot tub soaking in. I have some pain down my leg but it very slight and comes and goes. I too will be off till mid july only making 60% of my pay. 

I'm glad to hear your doing well, and was able to still take the Florida trip. Sucks about the pain radiating down the leg, I'm in the process of fighting with my company's insurance co. on my short term disability. They seam to think I should be back to work as of this Friday, while my Dr. has me off at least until I complete my 4 weeks of therapy. I'm glad to hear your company offers a disability plan as well. Mine didn't have it until recently when they where bought out. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Back to the scene of the crime.If anyone wants to know. I was standing on this spot in the first pic.  And fell in the direction of the dashed line. And landed on my back in the spot in the second pic.  Just like I remembered it's about a 10 to 12 foot slide then 10 to 12 foot strait drop down to the logs. The bottom is probably 40 feet down from where the pics are taken on the trail bridge.20170808_210653.thumb.jpg.45617f6f159ee6305aa69e5ca9beab71.jpg

20170808_210833.thumb.jpg.4a254877f58161d7d91042ac4a4209a7.jpg

11 minutes ago, Hellmutt said:

Maybe the state saw this thread? :dunno:

Maybe but I doubt it.  I bet people fall here all the time. Some not as lucky as I was. Even yesterday there was a couple that was headed for the same area i fell from and they said the same thing would have when i warned them. "Okay we'll be careful"

Edited by 2talltim

14 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Maybe but I doubt it.  I bet people fall here all the time. Some not as lucky as I was. Even yesterday there was a couple that was headed for the same area i fell from and they said the same thing would have when i warned them. "Okay we'll be careful"

I was mostly joking, doubtful it stemmed from your incident.  Surely they posted the signage to cover their asses.  

1 hour ago, Hellmutt said:

I was mostly joking, doubtful it stemmed from your incident.  Surely they posted the signage to cover their asses.  

My wife thinks if I had to be carried out of there I probably would have been cited.

Edited by 2talltim