Tim is down, but not out.

Tonik

Well I'm in the car and on the way home. No surgery at this time, need to see the Doc in 4 weeks to see how things are healing. Lots of pain this morning because I refuse to over do the narcotics. Be nice to get in my own bed.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, 2talltim said:

Well I'm in the car and on the way home. No surgery at this time, need to see the Doc in 4 weeks to see how things are healing. Lots of pain this morning because I refuse to over do the narcotics. Be nice to get in my own bed.

Glad to hear you are heading home.

Don't be overly fearful of your pain meds, it's easier to keep ahead of the pain rather than waiting until you can't stand it any longer. I know from experience. Don't be too stubborn. You can wean off in a few days when things are more manageable.

Craig

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, nebbish said:

Tim, been watching this thread, we've never met, but damn you are a strong person. Proud of you.

Looking forward to meeting you someday.

He's overrated and loves to abuse his Mod power. You're not missing much. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, CBBaron said:

Glad to hear you are heading home.

Don't be overly fearful of your pain meds, it's easier to keep ahead of the pain rather than waiting until you can't stand it any longer. I know from experience. Don't be too stubborn. You can wean off in a few days when things are more manageable.

Craig

This...if you are on them for more than a few weeks, that's when you have to be careful. When I had my Achilles surgery, I tried to come off the pain meds a few days after surgery (I have a high pain tolerance) and that was a big mistake I won't repeat when I have the other one done this fall. Took a whole day to get the pain back under control. After about a week I switched to ibuprofen and/or Tylenol and I was fine. You aren't going to get hopelessy hooked in a week, especially if you are mindful of it.

On a side note, when I woke from surgery, they hadn't given me much in the way of pain meds because they did a nerve block at my knee. The thing is, the nerve block didn't work so I when I woke up, I was in some serious pain and it took convincing for them to do something about it. They must of thought I was faking or something. They gave me 2 doses over the course of about 10 mins or so of some painkiller which did absolutely nothing and then they re-did the block correctly and that took care of it but that was one of the longest 10 mins of my life.

Well little update for today, it has to be the worst day pain wise yet. I caved and started taking the Oxy per the bottles instructions along with muscle relaxers can't say they are really doing much other than making me sleep all day. At least when im sleeping Im not feeling pain. Thanks to everyone that has called, text or IM'ed me and asking if there is anything they can do. Really nice to know there are good folk out there willing to do that. Took a  tv into the bedroom and been watching movies all day on Kodi to by the time. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, 2talltim said:

Well little update for today, it has to be the worst day pain wise yet. I caved and started taking the Oxy per the bottles instructions along with muscle relaxers can't say they are really doing much other than making me sleep all day. At least when im sleeping Im not feeling pain. Thanks to everyone that has called, text or IM'ed me and asking if there is anything they can do. Really nice to know there are good folk out there willing to do that. Took a  tv into the bedroom and been watching movies all day on Kodi to by the time. 

Make sure to take enough meds to keep yourself comfy, and you will be OK.  Get well soon. 

11 hours ago, Tonik said:

And don't worry about the muscle relaxers, they are not addictive. You can take em all day long.

If not, he knows someone that will crush and vape them...bazinga! :trollface:

Edited by ScubaCinci

Well off my meds, not saying it still dosnt hurt but I can manage it with over the counter stuff. Still a long road but honestly I'm feeling better than I thought I would. Siting around the house SUCKS. Made a trip with my dad to Lancaster the other day to get out and the trip in the truck was not fun with my brace on hopefully they give me a smaller one before we goto Florida in 3 weeks. Went out to the garage today and tried my riding jacket on over my brace and it fits...lol. Still kind of hopeful for the June trips. Follow up with the Doc on the 18th and I'll ask at that time if it may be possible. Rumning out of shit to watch on Kodi and netflix..lol

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 1

I

1 hour ago, Isaac's Papa said:

I have the complete BSG series on DVD if you like Sci-Fi. Should take a couple weeks to push through that. 

55 minutes ago, ScubaCinci said:

^^That's a stellar series.

I'm sure I can find it on kodi, got 2 more weeks before we head to Florida might need to start on it if I find nothing else to buy the time.

• Upvote 1