Gap trip, now

Howabusa

I may be taking a trip to the Gap next week. I was thinking of taking a trip in the next week or 2. An old Hayabusa buddy just told that he is  heading down next Wednesday. I am going to be camping on most of trips. May stay at the Deals Gap campground, it is convenient.

Edited by Howabusa

From Deals Gap Facebook

Announcement for those planning to visit between April 17-29.  We had heard rumors that this might happen, but now we have confirmation.  Looks like the Dragon will be closed for 30 minute intervals then open for 30 Monday through Friday.  Open normal on weekends.  Spread the word.

*UPDATE* I spoke to them by phone, and they said the road will be closed on both sides of the scenic overlook, very close to where work is being done. So most of the road will still be open, but turning around will be interesting for cars especially as things start to back up.

*UPDATE2* We're also hearing now that they won't be shutting down the road EVERY 30 minutes, just for 30 minute stints when they have to work over the road.  The sheriff's dept. will be around working traffic though.

• Upvote 1