New Rider What is it like to ride in Ohio(Cincinnati in the summer time) What type of gear to keep cool is best?

yoshiii

Just now, Tonik said:

As an engineer what can you tell us about the properties of black in heavy sunlight?

Have to find an engineer, but, yeah, black is not so "hot" in the sun! And the neon will fade over a few years. I hear white gets dirty real quick tho. 

4 hours ago, hiro said:

That black an neon one looks like it would be good for hi-viz without being overkill. Combined with a helmet with some white or matching neon or reflective tape.  1051-5602.jpg

Now that's a real nice jacket, especially when matched with a hi-viz helmet. I would buy something like that.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/18/2017 at 2:35 PM, yoshiii said:

Ttc

Looking for something cool to wear in the summer time. I mean temperature cool.

It's tricky finding out a combo of gear that works for the conditions and your particular comfort level. I think a lot of riders have multiple jackets , gloves, boots to suit the conditions and that's probably where you'll be down the road. Iron pony here in Columbus has some decent closeout stuff reasonably priced, come up and check it out sometime. Pm me if you do and I'll meet you up there and give you my two cents over a soda if you like.