Good Friday ride with my daughter

durk

Glad you and the wife got out Doc. Maybe next time our schedules will work to where we can meet up. It's awesome right now to ride with my daughter. I'm still amazed that at 14 she still likes to spend to with her dad. I keep telling my wife that at some point she is going to think I'm just a boring old man that knows nothing and she'll want little to do with me. For now though I'm going to enjoy the times we have until she meets some teenage punk like I was that she will be more interested in than me. 

• Upvote 1

Awesome! I have taken all three of my kids on long 300+ mile rides. Amazing how spending that much time not really talking, but experiencing the same sensations will strengthen your relationship and gives them perspective about you.

12 minutes ago, whaler said:

Awesome! I have taken all three of my kids on long 300+ mile rides. Amazing how spending that much time not really talking, but experiencing the same sensations will strengthen your relationship and gives them perspective about you.

My oldest loves to ride with me. When I told her that her birthday gift was a trip to the Tail, she said it was the best gift she ever got. My youngest on the other hand only likes to take short runs. I think she prefers to be seen on the bike more than anything. She often asks for me to take her to friends or pick her up from school on it. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Wolfman1 said:

Awesome, it's a great way to get some one on one time with your kids.  I just bought my oldest his first helmet and he is pumped to do some rides with Dad!

Good deal. How old is he?

Edited by durk

3 hours ago, Wolfman1 said:

He is 10.  Still got to get him a riding jacket, which is another excuse to visit the Iron Pony!

Nice. I went some time without a bike. When our second was born the wife told me the bike had to go. I would guess my girls were 10 and 11 when she said I wouldn't mind if you got a bike again. About 2 weeks later I traded her quad for a F4i and have taken a huge advantage of my second chance to be back on a bike again. 

6 hours ago, durk said:

Nice. I went some time without a bike. When our second was born the wife told me the bike had to go. I would guess my girls were 10 and 11 when she said I wouldn't mind if you got a bike again. About 2 weeks later I traded her quad for a F4i and have taken a huge advantage of my second chance to be back on a bike again. 

I hear ya, I was fortunate that my wife was cool with me hanging on to my bike when we started to have kids.  She knows how pationate I am about riding and that it is one of the only ways for me to decompress and release stress.  So basically we worked out one weekend a month I would pack on 500+ mi to get my fix and she would pick a day to hang with her friends while I watched the kids.  It worked out well for us that way.