Is wayne safe for solo ride?

Marine3313

Yes as long as your machine is mechanically sound I would not worry about riding solo at Wayne...On the weekend it is a pretty popular riding destination and the chances of someone coming by if you broke down or had a fall are pretty good as long as you are on the main corridor. There are some very nice places such as the water falls etc down towards dorr run and there are plenty of cool rock formations and other things if you are looking for scenery. There will be a few of us down there this weekend riding on quads, if you need someone to show you some trails or just want to tag along feel free to hit us up or past in the 2017 Wayne thread.

• Upvote 1

I don't normally ride it on the weekends with the high traffic.

I would if I was riding mid pack with the O.R. Quad Gang for protection from head on collisions.

If you are available on Friday the 21st. see below:

Brian.

• Upvote 1

I rode some solo last year after getting some guidance from @bowdog earlier in the day and I didn't have any issues. There are some times where there are blind corners and/or hill crests but I stopped and listened prior to making a run at them. There's a system of hand signals to let oncoming riders know how many more are behind them (# of fingers = # of riders yet to come IIRC) and people were pretty consistent about doing so which was tremendously helpful.

• Upvote 1

Wayne is fine solo, only danger there is 2-way traffic. Hold your fist up when you pass to let other riders know it's just you, and you'll be golden. Always someone coming by if you break down or have an issue....hard to get lost, too. It's maybe the best place in the state to ride solo.

Perry is an entirely different animal - don't ever ride solo there unless you never wander off the main parking lot corridor. Learned that one the hard way.

• 4 weeks later...

I went head on with a guy years ago on a Monday or Tuesday that was by himself.  We had to load him up and send him on his way broken bones and all.  I wouldn't recommend going alone.  Find some bubbies somehow, someway.