jhawk

Ride tales - Share your rides!

1.5 laps at chestnut ridge. Not my favorite wall ride. it lifts a bit at the first tree then finishes straight and steep with debris in line and the trail going to the inside. I skidded it down and that's my track at the bottom edge. ordering a smaller chainring for the 1x11. I plan to ride a bunch of trails this summer if anyone is interested, scioto, morgantown wv, maybe western PA.  What's the best Cleveland trail worth a 2 hr drive? I haven't ridden past vultures knob from columbus.

image.thumb.png.616683c8f7934b66d35f4cab4b1532c4.png

7028868_large_1555014468.jpg

3 hours ago, motocat12 said:

1.5 laps at chestnut ridge. Not my favorite wall ride. it lifts a bit at the first tree then finishes straight and steep with debris in line and the trail going to the inside. I skidded it down and that's my track at the bottom edge. ordering a smaller chainring for the 1x11. I plan to ride a bunch of trails this summer if anyone is interested, scioto, morgantown wv, maybe western PA.  What's the best Cleveland trail worth a 2 hr drive? I haven't ridden past vultures knob from columbus.

East Rim is really good and definitely the most popular. It is primarily fast a flowy with a few techy rock features. There are 2 shortish loops and each loop has an optional more advanced option. One is a techy rock fest the other is a mini downhill run with good jumps. The downhill is new and hasn't been fully opened yet due to the soft trails.

I would suggest also riding Hampton Hills if in the area as its not far from East Rim.