Wolfman1

NEO Spring Epic Ride Meet Spot - Head Down To EPIC RIDE 2017

13 posts in this topic

Well its that time again and I am pumped to ride, so I figured I would get this thread started to see how many of us will be riding together down to the Epic meet spot in McConnelsville.  Meet spot will be the same as the fall ride, the Minit Mart gas station on the corner of 83 and 250 in Wooster.  Address is 825 Dover Rd., Wooster, Oh. 44691.  It's about 2.0 hours to McConnelsville from here, I figure meet at 7:00 AM.  Kickstands up by 7:30. This will put into McConnelsville around the 10:00 AM, of course that will depend on gas stops, weather, etc.. I will be riding down with Derek and Whaler.  Hate parade is welcome to roll with us and we can also pick up some of you southern peeps as we pass through.

image.png

*Maybe as of now. Wont know if 100% until like 1-2 days prior!

Hmmm 201 miles 3 hours 34 mins. I'd have to leave my house at like 3:15am. :)

Edited by Scorpion-Ninja

I will be joining you on the ride down.  Looks like I will need to leave my house no later than 5:15am to meet up.  Exciting early morning ride.

I might actually be heading down the day before and staying overnight.  Not 100% sure, but if I don't go down early, I'm definitely tagging along and I'll be bringing several other riders with me.  I think I'm at probably around +6 guys right now. 

As much as I despise getting up early - I'll be there... at least I won't have to comb my hair.  :D

I need a long ride to get ready for my NY moto-camping trip via MI & Canada, on June 1st.  

Change of plans guys --- I'm joining the HATE parade for the ride down... 

digtbk.gif

5 hours ago, tall_tracy said:

Change of plans guys --- I'm joining the HATE parade for the ride down... 

Tracy, don't do it! Being around the Hate King Tonik even for a short ride you will turn into a hatin fool. Next you will want to ride the route backwards, we have seen positive people turn ugly haters in a short period of time. 

40 minutes ago, ricer1 said:

Tracy, don't do it! Being around the Hate King Tonik even for a short ride you will turn into a hatin fool. Next you will want to ride the route backwards, we have seen positive people turn ugly haters in a short period of time. 

Enjoy your sausage fest ride down to McConnellsville.

Headed down 83 in the AM. No hate here.

UNFORTUNATELY, DUE TO WEATHER THIS RIDE IS CANCELLED.

Not my ride. Maybe some other ride, but not my ride. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Hellmutt
      Ok folks, let's meet at Competition Accessories on Sunday, September 11th 2016, around 7:30am before topping off the tanks at the Shell station on the corner of Leffel Ln & S Limestone ( Rt72) to trek I-70 eastward by 8am.  
      **Anyone riding the interstate with us will need to be comfortable with varying speeds of up to 15mph over posted limits.**
      Competition Accessories
      343 W Leffel Ln
      Springfield, OH 45506
      Riders meeting at Comp...
      Myself
      snot
      o-no-moto
      DUBIE +3

We'll keep the secondary meet point in SE Columbus, giving some other surrounding area riders another collection point to hookup with an OR group to ride in with, and give us westerners a little break from the slab.
      We should be at this secondary meet point just before 9am.
      GetGo Fuel Station
      3765 S Hamilton Rd
      Groveport, OH 43125
      Riders meeting us at Groveport GetGo...
      s29229n
      perception
      strictly street

Plan to head back out from there no later than 9:45am to ensure we reach the Epic Ride meet point in Logan by 10:15-10:30am.
      Chime in with which locale you plan to meet us so I'll have an idea who to watch for.   Hope to see a good turnout again this season...
      Here's where we're heading...

• By Hellmutt
      Sorry for the delay, but I had to get my work schedule covered before committing to this...
      Western/Southwestern Ohioans, let's meet at Competition Accessories Sept 27th between 7-730am and then head down the street to Shell gas station ( corner of Leffel Ln and Limestone St/Rt72 ) @ 730ish a.m. to pound coffee and fuel up before heading towards Logan by 8am SHARP.
      GPS estimates a 1-1/2hr slab ride to the meet spot, so 2 hrs should give us plenty of cushion to be on time.
      Competition Accessories
      343 W Leffel Lane
      Springfield, OH 45506
      There's a secondary meet point we'll plan to stop for just south of Columbus at
      GetGo Fuel Station, 3765 S Hamilton Rd, Groveport, OH 43125 -- our eta here should be about 9:15'ish a.m.
      So, for other riders not from our side of Ohio that want to meet up, hopefully this secondary meet locale will entice more to join us.
      We'll likely hit Millstone BBQ in Logan after the ride for dinner again if anyone would like to join us
      PLEASE chime in here if you're planning to join us so we'll get an idea of who to expect. I'll continue to modify this post to compile the roster.
      So far the CompAcc meet group is...
      Myself
      Snot
      wolfman
      cptchaos
      Tigerpaw
      Anden
      claine650
      Groveport meet group is...
      Heagachongoose
      jacobhawkins +1
      Strictly Street
      bmwnut
    • By DerekClouser
      I will preface this whole post saying that we don't have a full organizer of the event, and I'm in NEO, so I won't be able to organize this down at the meet spot because I will probably be one of the last to arrive with the NEO group. We will need to find someone who is able to get to the meet spot early and organize so that all goes as smooth as possible. I can help with all the pre-planning prior to the day of the event, but unfortunately not being as close as others, it would be beneficial if we could get some help for the day of the event. 
      ORIGINAL DATE CANCELLED DUE TO RAIN!!!!
      Date: SUNDAY - May 18, 2014
      Rain Date: Sunday - May 18, 2014

All details are subject to change - so please follow up to this thread before the event to verify all details are the same!

Meet Place: Hocking Mall Shopping Center ---Hocking Mall St, Logan, OH 43138
      Logan shopping mall lot on 664
      latitude. 39.54528°, longitude. -82.43083°

Time: Meet by 10:30 Start organizing group by 11:00 and kick stand to ride by 11:30

Pre-Ride Meetups:
      W/SW Rider Meetup
      NE Rider Meetup
      Central Rider Meetup
      NW Rider Meetup (Link TBD)

When you arrive we will *hopefully* have areas designated to your group for the ride (i.e. fast, med-fast, med, etc), so please park your bike in the group you wish to ride. This should save some hassle organizing groups later on. 

Route will be same as last year. 
      http://goo.gl/maps/ZnwBZ 

The following details are copied and pasted from last year's Epic Ride, organized by Nivin (NinjaDoc). They worked well and we will of modify certain aspects within last years event to make it even better this year! Last year we had close to 75+ riders, which was an incredible turnout, so let's try to get more riders out this year!
      Request: Be ATGATT if possible, and try and sport an OR t shirt if you have one. Orders for t-shirts will also be possible by PM'ing me a size. (T-shirt request thread - 8$ a shirt)

Some etiquette to help us all better as suggested by many riders:
      • Everyone is responsible for themselves, so ride within your limits. Crashing is not something we want to have happen. We had several incidents last year, some because of bike maintenance and I believe some because they were outside their comfort zone in terms of speed. Ride within your limits and stay safe. Our goal is to have a fun safe day of riding with a bunch who share the same passion. Crashing only ruins that fun, not only for you, but for others as well. 

• Grab a bite if you want before ride as there wont be lunch stops.

• Ideal maximum group size is ten riders with a lead rider and a tail (sweep) rider

• These two riders should be interchangeable in skill level so that the sweep rider can evaluate and help the riders in front of them:
                   These two riders need to know the count of how many riders are in their group.
                   The lead rider needs to wait at all stops for the sweep rider to give him a thumb up.

• At each stop the leader or sweep rider can switch or at their discretion ask and allow a new formation of the line. 

• Do not allow passing other riders in same group once the ride has started except at starts.

• Passing slow moving vehicles might be needed for the faster group, when doing this each rider makes times and judges it for them self. Dont wait for the group to pass as a whole. At times might have to cross double yellow to pass.

• Both group leaders should know the route well and if possible have ridden it prior to event. 

• Do not allow changes of groups at stops (Unless both ride leaders of both groups are aware of the change and it does not raise the group count to over ten riders.

• If a rider has to leave a group early make sure they tell someone in the group

• Do not pass except at stops.

• If you picked the wrong spot in line of your group ask to change positions at stops or if a rider signals you to pass.

• Start the ride with a full tank of gas.

• Many folks are planning to grab a bite at the end of the ride, those with time should do it as it will be fun. The unfortunate long haulers will start back to get home before dark.

The Groups
      Always start one group below what you feel you ride. Meaning if you think your fast, start with medium fast group and if you are comfortable move to the fast group during gas break after letting the lead and sweep know. Better to be safe than sorry. Remember we might be riding roads very new to you.

Fast:
      • Usually 70mph on the straight and 25-30 mph over the posted limit of curve. 
      • The people who belong to the group know they belong to this group, they dont think they belong here. 
      • Dont jump in here unless you been riding with such fellows for some time. eg: UP, Midgettod, Hutch, Core rides 
      Medium-Fast:
      • 65-70mph on the straight and 20-25 over the posted limit opf curve. 
      • This is the usual fast rides some group rides do, still rather fast 
      • Jump in here if you been riding for a while and is comfortable at these paces on most roads

Medium:
      • 65 mph on the straight and 15-20 over the posted limit opf curve. 
       • This is the everyday regular group rides pace,
      • Jump in here if you been riding for a while and is comfortable at these paces on most roads

Slow: 
      • 60 mph or around posted limit on the straight and upto 10 over the posted limit of curve. 
      • This is the a very comfortable yet fun group ride, 
      • Jump in here if you like doing friendly fun rides and also new riders must join here 
      • The last two rides most people rode this group showing zero ego issues and they had most fun, 
      • No ego in both years kept our rides with 0 casuality 

Cruiser and heavy touring:
      • All the mammoth bikes and cruisers 
      • They enjoy the road and own the road at their own pace
      • Made sperate group just in case there is enough numbers
      • more than free to join any of the above group based on their own preference. 

If you could please announce if you plan to attend and which group so I can keep an ongoing list. If you plan on bringing someone else from outside of the forums, or those who don't post, please add a +1 for each member, so we can kind of figure out how many groups we will need to plan for.\

Also post if you are willing to sweep or lead so we can get a list for that as well.

Groups paired by Color between leads/sweeps

Leads: 
      jschaf (fast - unless someone else steps up)
      derekclouser (med-fast) 
      helmutt (med - dayton group)
      b-mac (med)
      rhill (med)
      cdubyah (med-slow)

Sweeps:
      tpoppa (fast)
      whaler (med-fast)
      330racing (med-fast)
      snot (med - dayton group)
      Mike53Ali (med-slow)
      malaysioninvasion (slow)
      Willing to sweep or lead:

People attending so far:

Fast: 
      OhioFZ1's +1
      jschaf 
      tpoppa
      InyaAzz

Medium Fast:
      isaac's papa
      330racing
      derekclouser
      whaler
      wolfman1
      kent8406
      dubie
      B-Mac
      Koreo

Medium: 
      hellmutt 
      snot 
      2.slow
      rollnhot
      hahafzr
      smccrory
      tweak740
      ninjachk08
      MaTS1200
      DUBIE
      Heagachongoose

Medium Slow:
      shadyone
      DAC

Slow
      tall_tracy
      bloodninja420
      crazyskullcrusher
      hawk
      JackFlash
      OhioFz6 & +2
      Grokked
      cptchaos
      Hahafzr's +2
      Slimpsy
      WickedJester

Full List of People Attending: 
      porschefan
      330racing
      derekclouser
      whaler 
      wolfman1 
      tall_tracy
      isaac's papa 
      jhawk
      hellmutt 
      snot 
      smccrory
      J_Copeland
      JCMathis
      Dyingshadow (attending meet but not riding in a group)
      rollnhot
      earache
      jdonn
      zxhooligan
      cdubyah
      dubie 
      kent2406
      crazyskullcrusher
      jd724
      bloodninja420
      hawk)
      malaysionnvasion