Tire Gauge Sale On Amazon

ScubaCinci

13 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

Oh how did motorcyclists ever survive without temperature-compensated TPMS systems?! :lol:

BMW once again has figured out how to change the laws of physics. 

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Qman said:

Some added relative info....In general, Digital gauges are known to be...(and remain over time) ...more accurate than analog units.  I however still like the analog gage because there's nothing worse than going to take a quick measurement, and finding your battery is dead.  

This is why I have about 6 gauges, I pit them against each other in a deathmatch.

Actually, I just get a "second opinion" from another gauge to make sure they are reading accurately. Otherwise, you never know when they get out of calibration.

5 minutes ago, ScubaCinci said:

This is why I have about 6 gauges, I pit them against each other in a deathmatch.

Actually, I just get a "second opinion" from another gauge to make sure they are reading accurately. Otherwise, you never know when they get out of calibration.

That's fine as long as you keep them in a temperature controlled environment that is a vacuum. ;)

10 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

That's fine as long as you keep them in a temperature controlled environment that is a vacuum. ;)

NO!   Dont keep them in a Vacuum!  

Doing so will add about 14.7 PSI of offset error!!!   :feedtrolls:

Just now, Qman said:

NO!   Dont keep them in a Vacuum!  

Doing so will add about 14.7 PSI of offset error!!!   :feedtrolls:

Don't be silly, that is simply for storage not usage. You must remove from vacuum before each use. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

I lease my gauges. That way I'm not caught out when everybody goes to airless tires.

Let me know when they come off lease.  I might be interested in paying the buy out on them, especially if they are Motion Pro units. Good deals can be had that way.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JustinNck1 said:

Go ahead and send me that check for a million bucks...:lol:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-18-Volt-ONE-Power-Inflator-Tool-Only-P737/206159256

BTW, comparing anything with MotoGP is like oranges and unicycles. You want a decent backlit tire gauge with a hose? The motion pro ain't bad. It's $90 on Revzilla, so I would assume RD is even lower than that. Some people also think paying for expensive gear or motorcycles is crazy, to each their own i guess..

Ain't gonna pay for it.  I'm looking for an attachment to a drill. I don't need two motors.
Think light and compact.
BTW - "Comparing anything with MotoGP" makes no sense...  $90 at Revzilla or anywhere for a glorified reverse inhalator is ridiculous in my book.  I probably can part together something most awesome-ister from McMaster for less... and it would have blinky lights and WiFi from an Arduino.

1 hour ago, Qman said:

None of these gages are temperature-compensated like the TPMS system on my BMW GSA:drama::p

Exactly... what the hell is an accurate "static" pressure gauge for $90 worth if as soon as you run your bike in the middle of Death Valley at 125 F ambient temperature and 1028 F asphalt going to matter if you can't monitor and adjust your tire pressure real time?    Go ahead a pay a gagilion dollars from we are Super Steroid Racing and prove to me your tire isn't OVER inflated in 10 minutes.

Pffffrt... I ain't paying top $$$ for a glorified straw when I know the tire pressure is +/- 5 F giving hot/cold conditions.

il_570xN.553628805_n8ve.jpg

Edited by Fin

1 hour ago, Qman said:

Some added relative info....In general, Digital gauges are known to be...(and remain over time) ...more accurate than analog units.  I however still like the analog gage because there's nothing worse than going to take a quick measurement, and finding your battery is dead.  

Roger that!  Or have one without a back light...
I need something I can count on and won't crap out when I'm 25 miles from no where.

1 hour ago, ScubaCinci said:

Whatever happened to just kicking the damn tire?  If it don't break your toe... then your not riding on steel.  Good enough =)

54 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Don't be silly, that is simply for storage not usage. You must remove from vacuum before each use. 

I thought we were talking about inflators... who the hell is going to vacuum when your on the road?
That's why you leave your wife at home, to vacuum.
;)

Ha!  Don't tell my wife I said that.

12 minutes ago, Fin said:

I thought we were talking about inflators... who the hell is going to vacuum when your on the road?
That's why you leave your wife at home, to vacuum.
;)

Ha!  Don't tell my wife I said that.

That sucks!

20 minutes ago, Fin said:

Whatever happened to just kicking the damn tire?  If it don't break your toe... then your not riding on steel.  Good enough =)

I have 4 cars, 2 motorcycles, 2 bicycles, a trailer, and an ATV at the house. I'd say I'm not overdoing it with 6 gauges (I try to keep one on each vehicle).

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Fin said:

I probably can part together something most awesome-ister from McMaster for less... and it would have blinky lights and WiFi from an Arduino.

Please elaborate on this, since you know so much about tire inhalers, I'd like to see what you build. (Be sure to send your design to BMW, so they can sell it for $200 :lol:)

BTW, I don't spend crazy money on tire gauges. I have a cheap $26 bikemaster one that works fine.

https://www.amazon.com/BikeMaster-2-in-1-Tire-Gauge-04-2013/dp/B004RAG6CU

3 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

Please elaborate on this, since you know so much about tire inhalers, I'd like to see what you build. (Be sure to send your design to BMW, so they can sell it for $200 :lol:)

BTW, I don't spend crazy money on tire gauges. I have a cheap $26 bikemaster one that works fine.

https://www.amazon.com/BikeMaster-2-in-1-Tire-Gauge-04-2013/dp/B004RAG6CU

That's a reverse tire inhaler.  
The bluetooth version will have to cost more and you'll be able to communicate to it with your Sena.
You can activate the reverse tire inhaler with simple voice commands like "Blow! Blow harder" and "Suck!  Suck harder."
It should be very popular.

The BMW model will be R1900RTI and cost $1000.00 more than the Honda version.
:lol:

14 minutes ago, what said:

I have no idea what's happening in this thread anymore but my pressure gauge got here just now and it even came with 4 valve stem caps for free. Pretty solid $15 buy. 

Now go get it calibrated to NIST standards!

• Upvote 1