Tire Gauge Sale On Amazon

ScubaCinci

2 hours ago, 2talltim said:

Yea I'd trust one of those auto fill ones about as far as I could throw it.

Why can't a reliable one be made at an affordable price.  
It's not rocket surgery.

3 minutes ago, Qman said:

Wow...a pressure regulator!  My compressor already has one on it!

I have mine insulated and tucked away to where you cannot get to it... It reduces noise in my garage.

Regulators fail all the time. My machine at work is pressure sensitive and we replace probably 2 to 3 regulators a month out of a few dozen. Mostly due to moisture in the lines because our air dryer sucks.    

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

I mean I bet you could throw it like 30 yards 

Think you're over estimating my old man chicken wings and their ability.

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Fin said:

Why can't a reliable one be made at an affordable price.  
It's not rocket surgery.

Didn't say they had to be expensive just don't trust the auto fill do-hicky to be safe or accurate.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Fin said:

So much fail in this ad. :nono: Sad thing is people fall for this sort of advertising all the time.

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Qman said:

Hope so....at 4 times the price....

17 minutes ago, RidersDiscount said:

:popcorn:

Yea but I bet RD's price is a little less than that, but it is also more accurate and little higher quality than all the other before mentioned.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Yea but I bet RD's price is a little less than that, but it is also more accurate and little higher quality than all the other before mentioned.

I wonder if RD sells anything to get that brown stain off your nose.

• Upvote 1

I've heard of Motion Pro but know very little about them.

If they are "cutting edge" and suppliers to racing teams then I would expect their tolerances to be very ridged with 100% conformance to standards and their RD budget to be very high.

A MotoGP season is around $12 million a season.  Each bike is around $1 million and a team typically leases four.
So I can see it now... "Hell Charlie!  This is the third time our riders high sided the bike.  Are you sure the tires are at the proper pressure!?  What's this?  I pressure gauge from Harbor Freight!?  I don't give a $H!7 if it was cheap and the package says it's accurate.  It's from Harbor Freight!  Pack your bags.  You're fired!"

I'm not digging the Motion Pro price one bit and I'm certainly not going to pay anyone with a 20% discount off $100.00.  It's a tire gauge for crying out loud and I'm not checking my pressure tolerances every lap around my neighborhood block.  

I tell you what I want... I want that Air Dragon compressor I can attach to my electric drill but made better and more compact so I can take it with me when I ride cross country. Anyone want to become an Millionaire?  Theirs your goal.

Sources:
http://www.bikesportnews.com/news/news-detail/how-much-does-it-cost-to-run-a-motogp-team
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/sport/motogp/2012/april/apr1312-budget-cap-impossible-to-police-/

19 minutes ago, Fin said:

If they are "cutting edge" and suppliers to racing teams then I would expect their tolerances to be very ridged with 100% conformance to standards and their RD budget to be very high.

A MotoGP season is around $12 million a season.  Each bike is around $1 million and a team typically leases four.
So I can see it now... "Hell Charlie!  This is the third time our riders high sided the bike.  Are you sure the tires are at the proper pressure!?  What's this?  I pressure gauge from Harbor Freight!?  I don't give a $H!7 if it was cheap and the package says it's accurate.  It's from Harbor Freight!  Pack your bags.  You're fired!"

I'm not digging the Motion Pro price one bit and I'm certainly not going to pay anyone with a 20% discount off $100.00.  It's a tire gauge for crying out loud and I'm not checking my pressure tolerances every lap around my neighborhood block.  

I tell you what I want... I want that Air Dragon compressor I can attach to my electric drill but made better and more compact so I can take it with me when I ride cross country. Anyone want to become an Millionaire?  Theirs your goal.

Sources:
http://www.bikesportnews.com/news/news-detail/how-much-does-it-cost-to-run-a-motogp-team
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/sport/motogp/2012/april/apr1312-budget-cap-impossible-to-police-/

:facepalm: Quality dose not only mean accuracy it also means durability. I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for and if you don't pay for it don't expect the moon. To some of these hobby track guys that 1/2 or 1/4 pound does make a difference. I also am very anally retentive about my tire pressures and check them before almost every ride. Would I pay $90 or maybe a little less for a MotionPro gage? prob not, but I don't think it would break the bank if I did to get a quality tool. :dunno: 

42 minutes ago, Fin said:

Sources:

Go ahead and send me that check for a million bucks...:lol:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-18-Volt-ONE-Power-Inflator-Tool-Only-P737/206159256

BTW, comparing anything with MotoGP is like oranges and unicycles. You want a decent backlit tire gauge with a hose? The motion pro ain't bad. It's $90 on Revzilla, so I would assume RD is even lower than that. Some people also think paying for expensive gear or motorcycles is crazy, to each their own i guess..

Edited by JustinNck1

17 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

:facepalm: Quality dose not only mean accuracy it also means durability. I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for and if you don't pay for it don't expect the moon. To some of these hobby track guys that 1/2 or 1/4 pound does make a difference. I also am very anally retentive about my tire pressures and check them before almost every ride. Would I pay $90 or maybe a little less for a MotionPro gage? prob not, but I don't think it would break the bank if I did to get a quality tool. :dunno: 

None of these gages are temperature-compensated like the TPMS system on my BMW GSA:drama::p

• Upvote 1

Some added relative info....In general, Digital gauges are known to be...(and remain over time) ...more accurate than analog units.  I however still like the analog gage because there's nothing worse than going to take a quick measurement, and finding your battery is dead.  

• Upvote 1