Tire Gauge Sale On Amazon

ScubaCinci

10 minutes ago, what said:

not digital, can't read it.

also, what are those weird circles on the walls of rooms with all the numbers and 2 sticks pointing at them? 

Screw digital.  My car has digital display on the dash for tire pressure.  Had to stop on the way home and add 1 lb to one tire because it didn't match and was driving my ocd to it's limits.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Screw digital.  My car has digital display on the dash for tire pressure.  Had to stop on the way home and add 1 lb to one tire because it didn't match and was driving my ocd to it's limits.

the TPMS light is stuck on in my new(tome) car. It's driving me nuts. 

Oh, and thanks Joe. I've been meaning to pick up another one of these. 

Edited by what

4 minutes ago, what said:

the TPMS light is stuck on in my new(tome) car. It's driving me nuts. 

Have you over inflated the hell out of the tires and left them that way for a few on/off cycles?

8 minutes ago, what said:

I own a similar one but I like to keep a gauge in each car in the event I need to check it while I am out so I picked up another one.

30 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Have you over inflated the hell out of the tires and left them that way for a few on/off cycles?

No, I think the sensors are going bad. They are battery powered and only last a certain amount of time. Honda, in their infinite wisdom, sealed the battery inside the unit so you have to replace the entire thing on each wheel. The light goes off every now and then randomly, I'm guessing when the battery has enough power to kick a signal back to the computer. The recommended tire pressure for the Element is between 32 and 35 psi cold, which is right where my tires are (33 front, 35 rear for trailer weight + cargo in back). 

As a motorcyclist you should know that we are all OCD about tire pressure :|

Edited by what

34 minutes ago, Tonik said:

If you want to screw with Tonik let air out of a different one of his tires every day

• Upvote 1

Just now, motocat12 said:

Squids ignore Tachs too

You mean the performance meter? I always try to keep it all the way to the right on the highest number so I am getting the best performance in all my vehicles. 

4 minutes ago, what said:

Honda, in their infinite wisdom, sealed the battery inside the unit so you have to replace the entire thing on each wheel.

They all do that, ive replaced all on the wifes work car, 3 on my truck and one on my bike. The GM ones are cheap though and you can program them yourself.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

They all do that, ive replaced all on the wifes work car, 3 on my truck and one on my bike. The GM ones are cheap though and you can program them yourself.

I've just resigned myself to looking at the pretty yellow-orange light for the next 100,000 miles. 

3 hours ago, 2talltim said:

Can you program the GM ones to work in a Honda?  My son's TPMS light is on and it's driving me crazy, but I'm too cheap to buy all new Honda sensors. 

1 hour ago, PhilD'oh! said:

Can you program the GM ones to work in a Honda?  My son's TPMS light is on and it's driving me crazy, but I'm too cheap to buy all new Honda sensors. 

I doubt it. The GMs have a self learning mode on the car that works really well. Ones for my GMs are around $20 to $25 on Amazon which was about $10 to $15 cheaper than the parts stores 

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, 2talltim said:

The one I have is a different syle but similar price but the one I have you clamp on the stem and fill the tire with the gage. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001CJHU9W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I like the single handers much better.