Racers edge Cincinnati Mech

motocat12

I'm acquainted with the guy; he gives a serious shit about the work he puts out.  Stoners have caused him some grief in the past, so he doesn't want that again.  It's his business; he can run it like he wants.  Wouldn't you?  And for what it's worth, I drink beer on occasion.  When I'm spinning wrenches on anything, no drinking.  I get a little out of touch, I'm the one who does it over and pays for any parts fucked up.  That crap about being stoned or drunk and doing beautiful awesome work is just that.  Crap.

7 hours ago, Wandering Soul said:

"...It's his business; he can run it like he wants..."

So you're going to walk into his shop and demand his wrench burn one before he touches your bike?

Other people do as they want to do, and that's great if they make it work and everybody's happy.  And I'm glad about the friendships.  But an individual who gets buzzed and works on customers' bikes is not who I would want turning wrenches on mine.

• 1 year later...

I fixed a guy's kawasaki vulcan this past summer he bought at racers edge.  and the rear brake rotor was falling off the buttons. i'd say he needs some better employees for sure...don't know how that guy passed this bike and put it up for sale with a dangerous brake rotor.  this is the kind of thing that will put you out of business from a lawsuit.

Edited by serpentracer