Life flight coverage.

Tonik

Your regular medical probably only covers 'in network' life flight coverage.  Which means you don't really have any coverage for that at all.  You are looking at about 25K for a ride to the hospital.  Check your motorcycle coverage to see if it covers that, if not get a rider.  Ours already does but only because we carry a fair amount of extra insurance, liability umbrella's and shit like that.  It's really not that much extra for that stuff.

22 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

What do you mean "if not get a rider"?

A rider is an add-on provision to a basic insurance policy that provides additional benefits to the policyholder at an additional cost. Standard policies usually leave little room for modification or customization beyond choosing deductibles and coverage amounts.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/r/rider.asp

• Upvote 1

I had 2 life flight rides 2 year apart and medical mutual covered 90% of both of them. I added a extra rider at work for accidents a month before my 2nd crash but it didn't take effect until Jan. 1st. I crashed in Nov. That was 2 years ago and so far haven't needed it. The first crash state farm would only cover my helmet 2 years later they covered all my gear other then my heated liner. Boots, gloves, pants, jacket and helmet. Very thankful health insurance or I would be living in a box under a bridge. $100k for the first one and I was only in the hospital a week close to that for the 2nd. 

• Upvote 1

Would medical cover track riding then? I don't have motorcycle insurance and it's not on the road so wouldn't work anyways. 

I've been thinking about flight insurance for a few years but never really looked into it. *knock on wood*

47 minutes ago, ludwb675 said:

Would medical cover track riding then? I don't have motorcycle insurance and it's not on the road so wouldn't work anyways. 

I've been thinking about flight insurance for a few years but never really looked into it. *knock on wood*

Depends. You need to ask your insurance company to be sure.

Good idea. I'll be looking into it this spring. Supposedly my health insurance covers 100% of everything after my $3,000 deductable but who knows. I don't trust anything insurance companies say. 

• Upvote 1