New Sena Remote Control

ScubaCinci

If you haven't seen it before (I didn't until today), Sena has a remote that works with a number of their BT communicators. I have been personally struggling with where to put the remote that came with my 10U unit and this is a better alternative IMO. There's just not a lot of room on my grips on the SXR to put the original remote because of the built in jog dial interface on the clutch side grip of the bike.

https://www.sena.com/product/rc3/

Maybe it's been out a while but I didn't see anything posted on here about it.

Edited by ScubaCinci

I like the functions of the remote I just don't like it taking real estate on the grip. Plus  when I run my heated grips on high when it's really cold it makes my remote shut down due to high battery temps.

I tried the remote out yesterday and it works great. I can clip it to my tank bag or sleeve and it has mounts for attaching to whatever part of the bike you want. I might pick up one of these for a place to mount it without sticking it to something more permanent.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/denali-flat-switch-mount-for-horizontal-perch-bolts-single-or-double

Well, if you haven't yet...don't buy this shitbox remote. Rode for 4 hours today (after having used it on one commute and a few other SHORT rides) and the remote started cutting out halfway through the ride - the battery was dying. Then it died out altogether. It came with an extra battery but shit, at this rate I'd have to carry a handful on a trip. I might have to go back to the other one :nono:

5 minutes ago, ScubaCinci said:

I just checked Sena's site...battery is supposed to last 5 months :lol:I haven't even owned the thing 3 weeks, and only used it for maybe 250 miles worth of rides at most.

Maybe a bad battery.... I can't imagine they would lie that much.

Edited by Tonik

Don't think they really "turn off" they just go into a standby that wakes up when you press a button or bump the joystick. To turn off you have to hold two button for a few seconds and count the flashes of the LED for battery life left, 5 is fully charged.

• 4 weeks later...

Put in a fresh battery and used it on 2 work commutes. As I was riding to work the other day, I hadn't activated the remote and suddenly it announced "remote control connected". Then about 30 seconds later it announced "remote control disconnected". Then it proceeded to do that for the next 10 minutes until I guess the battery finally died. It was annoying a fuck...I almost tossed it on the road while moving.

the new battery was in maybe a month. Bottom line, it's a shitty product. 

P.S. this should probably be moved to the product/shop review section. 

On 4/29/2017 at 10:49 PM, ScubaCinci said:

Put in a fresh battery and used it on 2 work commutes. As I was riding to work the other day, I hadn't activated the remote and suddenly it announced "remote control connected". Then about 30 seconds later it announced "remote control disconnected". Then it proceeded to do that for the next 10 minutes until I guess the battery finally died. It was annoying a fuck...I almost tossed it on the road while moving.

the new battery was in maybe a month. Bottom line, it's a shitty product. 

P.S. this should probably be moved to the product/shop review section. 

Website says "Operating time: 5 months". I'd get in touch with Sena.