Medical payments on motorcycle insurance

flashesbuck

So my insurance company (State Farm) just informed me that they do not offer medical payments as an option on motorcycles in the state of Ohio. I swear that my policy had this a few years ago, and it just disappeared .

So who has medical payments ($3000-5000) and what company are you using? 

I have Rider Insurance and just paid $143 for the year for full coverage. Here's a quote from their Website:

" Your policy of insurance provides Medical Payment Coverage according to the laws of Ohio. Medical Payment Coverages apply only to pedestrians when struck by your motorcycle. Medical Payment Coverages pay the cost of treatment up to $5,000 for the pedestrian from hospitals, doctors, and other medical providers. Medical Payment Coverage is not provided for vehicle operator or passenger."

• Upvote 1

Cincinnati Insurance Company.  I carry $10,000 and here's why.  If your current policy doesn't offer medical for you and a passenger, shitcan them and go with something that does.  DO NOT COUNT ON THE OTHER DRIVER HAVING INSURANCE!!!  The crackhead who stopped my ballroom dancing career had none!

legs.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Wandering Soul said:

Cincinnati Insurance Company.  I carry $10,000 and here's why.  If your current policy doesn't offer medical for you and a passenger, shitcan them and go with something that does.  DO NOT COUNT ON THE OTHER DRIVER HAVING INSURANCE!!!  The crackhead who stopped my ballroom dancing career had none!

legs.jpg

Glad you had the extra coverage... But shouldn't your medical insurance step in and pay this? I like to have the medical payments coverage with the auto, to cover the gap between... Such as the deductible that will need to be paid if something were to happen. 

Insurance through my employer did pick up in-network bills.  Some of the therapy  it wouldn't.  Ambulance and helicopter weren't even considered.

I can now tell that the damned township part-time cop that let the driver walk away without even a ticket settled up out of court.  That's what brought parts to rebuild my panhead.  Frame was tweaked and some of it wouldn't buff out.

bike 1.jpg

3-5k$ for medical isn't squat with how the cost of medicine has increased. Hell, my medical insurance company just got hosed for the tune of $3,500 for a routine 20 minute office visit for a skin checkup which found no problems. The elephant in the room has gotten out of hand.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jschaf said:

3-5k$ for medical isn't squat with how the cost of medicine has increased. Hell, my medical insurance company just got hosed for the tune of $3,500 for a routine 20 minute office visit for a skin checkup which found no problems. The elephant in the room has gotten out of hand.

The additional medical payments is in addition to you medical insurance... As stated above it covers what insurance will not