5/13/17 - Brady's Run endurance race (PA)

redkow97

This is an 8-mile trail just over the PA boarder, pretty near BeaveRun/PIRC.

they run a 6-hour endurance race with a 3-hour option.  There's a fat tire division that is 3 hours as well.  From my research, a fast lap is under 40 minutes.  I will be happy with more like 50 mins.  But do the math on that... that means you're completing 4 laps and just running beyond the 3 hour limit.  That's my goal.

Who else wants some pain?

I'll help you out

https://www.6hbr.com/

May 13th, Beaver Falls PA

I don't think my skill level nor fitness would be up for this. Based on previous long MTB rides I have done my lap times would be more like 1:15. Starting lap 3 before the 3hr limit would be a challenge. I do have the fat bike though :D

5 hours ago, Isaac's Papa said:

26" hardtail ridden by 40 year old geezer. I'd be happy to not have a heart attack. Lol

So you think the 45 year old fatboy on a fully rigid fatbike would do better :D

Looks like Chris is going full in on the bicycle racing and is trying to take someone down with him. 

I don't like being bad at things. That doesn't mean I'll be good at them, but I'll be better. 

Still doing a hard 30-45 mins every couple of days on the spin bike. Hoping that translates to the trails.  Can't hurt. 

• 1 month later...

Well, i've been sick 3 of the last 4 weeks, and haven't been at the gym AT ALL.  I did get 14 miles of singletrack in at Mohican during that week I was feeling better.

Saturday should be interesting.

My original goal was to start a 4th lap before the 3-hour end time.  My new goal is to survive!

I know I can ride 25ish miles of singletrack and/or 3+ hours if I pace myself.  While I had previously planned to aim for 8 mph average and do 1 lap per hour, my new plan is to go as slow as I can tolerate in the first lap, and hopefully get a little faster on teh second lap, then go for broke on the third lap.  Not sure what I'll do if I have time to start a 4th, as my conditioning is NOT where I had hoped it would be.

This will be a good workout, and a fun time if I don't get down on myself for not being fast.  The weather is supposed to be perfect, and the worst I can be is last...

• Upvote 1

I am an idiot. Made a huge error in timing math.  I'll explain when I'm done being mad about it  

I also busted my knee on the stem after hitting some huge roots. It's swelling nicely, but I have full range of motion, so that's good  

2 laps in 2.5 hours.  Pretty embarrassed by that. 

Need to ride more to suck less. My skills are okay. My fitness needs work. A lot of work.