2017 Wayne thread

max power

We will see, need to get the lights hooked up on my trailer before then.  Actually thought again about selling the Recon this year. It hasn't moved since the last trip to Wayne the boy doesn't even ride it any more. For sure can't justify buying anything else till I devote more time to getting down there. Wish I was closer like you bubbys. Takes me about 2 hours to get there.

16 hours ago, bowdog said:

Ron, we have to get you down to Wayne this year for some riding and night time shenanigans.

Agreed!   I've only had the Jeep out at night on trails.   I need to use the RZR more this year.   But now I've got my YZ450 that eats up my free time too. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hoping to get back at it one day. I tore my rotator cuff last fall. I was able to ride closing weekend, and then once in W. Va this feb. but finally gave in and went to see the Dr. had surgery 4/28/17 Still off work, started therapy 5/15/17. I can't even drive my Mustang still, let alone a quad.

9 minutes ago, MidgetTodd said:

What were you doing when you tore it and how was the surgery and recovery so far? Regret the surgery?

Fell at work going down stairs. Twisted my ankle bad, and didn't really notice the shoulder, until I got moving around several days later. Surgery was microscopic, 4 small holes in shoulder. Pain not so bad, besides the 1st day of therapy they fucked me up. I don't regret the surgery, but still don't have the range of motion back that I had before surgery. I was just starting to be able to eat with that arm, until therapist put the whammy on me last Monday.

1 hour ago, max power said:

Sorry to hear, Mick. Try to make a couple of rides in the fall.

I will try that for sure. My range of motion has improved  over 30% with only 3 visits to therapist. Sucks I'm going to have to sit the ten mile mud bogs out this year memorial day weekend in W. Va. I'm hoping that I will be able to drive the Mustang by next week or so.

• 4 weeks later...

Trails were awesome, nowhere near as muddy as i thought, with all the rain Friday night. Keith had to pull a few down trees out of the way to get to P3 around 9am. So the parking lot was empty when we got there. I was wondering why P1 & P2 were so packed! We had 7 in our group, 3 bikes, 3 Trx700xx's and 1 Phoenix 200. My shoulder help up for about half the day. We rode from 10am till around 7pm, when my older boy cut a tire. Luckily we were only like 2 1/2 miles from the trail head, and it was a front tire. So it wasn't to bad for him to limp it back to the trailer.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be down there with a small group the weekend of July 28th. Not sure if anyone else will be down there then. Been very busy with me and not being able to get to the trails. Been busy farming and lost a good riding buddy that went on every trip with me a month ago from cancer. 26 years old. Not going to be the same but the rest of us are gonna make the best of it. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...