Be vewy vewy quiet.

Tonik

Shooting the M&P .22 I got off @Tpoppa with my suppressor is the most fun i have had with a firearm in a long time. Tell your boy to check out some of the low powder rounds, pretty neat...all you hear is the click of the trigger.

3 minutes ago, bowdog said:

Shooting the M&P .22 I got off @Tpoppa with my suppressor is the most fun i have had with a firearm in a long time. Tell your boy to check out some of the low powder rounds, pretty neat...all you hear is the click of the trigger.

Will do!!  Yea, it was a blast.

6 minutes ago, bowdog said:

2 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Will do!!  Yea, it was a blast.

Haha, so I texted him just now with that info.  He responded 'Yea, I ordered 2000 rounds of that last night'. :lol:

I was just shooting my neighbor's suppressed Buckmark .22.  It's amazing how quiet it is.  Earplugs are not needed.  

I think I can actually shoot more accurately without the noise. 

Edited by Tpoppa

44 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

I think I can actually shoot more accurately without the noise. 

I can. I have a flinch, no doubt about it and have been unable to completely fix it. Down and to the right every time (left handed).  It's not terrible, they are still on center mass, but it is there, so I just compensate for it.

I can make it better by dry/snap cap firing every night 15 or 20 times for a few days in a row.  I also now double plug my ears at the range, that has helped a lot.

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

I can. I have a flinch, no doubt about it and have been unable to completely fix it. Down and to the right every time (left handed).  It's not terrible, they are still on center mass, but it is there, so I just compensate for it.

I can make it better by dry/snap cap firing every night 15 or 20 times for a few days in a row.  I also now double plug my ears at the range, that has helped a lot.

One thing that can help with pushing rounds low and away is to put a spent case balanced on the front of the slide while dry firing. If it falls off you haven't been smooth enough. Another thing you can do is place a piece of tape on the wall and aim in on it while dry firing. 

At the range a nice drill that works is putting postage stamps or small stickers on something spread out by about 5-6 inches. Starting about 5 yards out try to shoot them. As you get proficient move the distance out. It'll improve sight alignment and smooth trigger pull. If your flinching you won't hit them. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, cOoTeR said:

One thing that can help with pushing rounds low and away is to put a spent case balanced on the front of the slide while dry firing. If it falls off you haven't been smooth enough. Another thing you can do is place a piece of tape on the wall and aim in on it while dry firing. 

At the range a nice drill that works is putting postage stamps or small stickers on something spread out by about 5-6 inches. Starting about 5 yards out try to shoot them. As you get proficient move the distance out. It'll improve sight alignment and smooth trigger pull. If your flinching you won't hit them. 

Much appreciated sir.

One thing I do is load a mag and mix in snap caps...have someone else do it so I don't know when it is coming. It's a flinch, no debate.  I posted my kid shooting that suppressor because when I did it the safety was on, and I flinched like a mofo, so I figured I would avoid the butt reaming I would get here :lol:

The small target close in drill sounds promising.  Going to do that for sure.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cOoTeR said:

One thing that can help with pushing rounds low and away is to put a spent case balanced on the front of the slide while dry firing.

This only works if you own a gun with a flat top slide.  All of my handguns have round slides or exposed round barrels.

IMG_4691.jpg

Edited by vf1000ride

1 hour ago, Wandering Soul said:

Nice selection.  Ever shoot that broomhandle?

It's unfortunately in need of repairs.  One of these days I need to send it out and get the barrel worked on, the inside of the bore is in real bad shape.

On 3/12/2017 at 10:54 AM, Tonik said:

We are hunting wabbits.

What brand of Silencer did he go with?  I have a Sparrow & a Spectre II.  Both work very well for suppression.  Cleaning the Spectre is easier as it does not have a monolithic baffle.  Tell him not to let it get too far gone as far as buildup inside before cleaning.  I heat my baffles after cleaning and quench them in 100% silicone brake fluid.  It seems to help with the next cleaning.  They are a bit quieter with a little gunk in them.  Subsonic ammo out of a 4" barrel doesn't really offer advantage over standard rounds in my experience.  Standard rounds will usually not go supersonic in a short pistol barrel.