Sunday 3/26 $15 Test N' Tune @ National Trails. Anyone interested in going??

silentcropduster

21 minutes ago, vf1000ride said:

Heck I would be happy to be in the low 12's with any of my bikes.  One of these days I would like to take the sportclassic down the track just to see what it can really do.  I gotta hope the light weight would overcome the lack of HP numbers.

It's 90% rider skill IMO. I've seen a dude in a sportster 1200 run a low 13s, I shit u not. Granted the bike was tuned, all flow mods, air shifter, and he use 2 race semi-professionally.

Edited by silentcropduster

It's been roughly 16 years since I've had any vehicle on the drag strip.  Last bike I ran was a 1985 Honda Interceptor 1000, best I could ever get was a 12.1@110mph in the 1/4.  The car I had was much slower.  I figure the sportclassic should be able to go about as fast as the Honda did (hopefully).  Its 150lbs lighter for about the same HP and torque numbers as the Honda but it will suffer due to the fact that it's a nearly 4 inches shorter wheelbase and my personal weight has certainly not stayed the same since back then.

11 hours ago, vf1000ride said:

It's been roughly 16 years since I've had any vehicle on the drag strip.  Last bike I ran was a 1985 Honda Interceptor 1000, best I could ever get was a 12.1@110mph in the 1/4.  The car I had was much slower.  I figure the sportclassic should be able to go about as fast as the Honda did (hopefully).  Its 150lbs lighter for about the same HP and torque numbers as the Honda but it will suffer due to the fact that it's a nearly 4 inches shorter wheelbase and my personal weight has certainly not stayed the same since back then.

Jesus my 11.4 was at 135mph, I just suck at racing. I csnt even got WOT until I'm at the top of 1st gear. Its a work in progress I guess lol