Joe's new bike thread

ScubaCinci

38 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

I really like the white. You'll have to bring that thing over to SEO and give it a proper break in once the weather breaks.

I'm definitely going to try to make more OR rides this year.

37 minutes ago, what said:

Bring your cold weather gear and have fun. 

For the test ride...otherwise it's going on the trailer. Before SOMEONE gives me shit for trailering, I'm headed up there alone so I don't have much choice. Plus it's going to be cold AF.

15 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Was gonna meet you down there Saturday.  Not going to make it tomorrow.

Bummer, that would've been cool. When I saw the forecast yesterday I decided I really didn't want to have to test ride it, load it in the trailer and drive 6 hours in the snow.

12 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Congrats man, can't wait to ride with you and and your new scooter.

My plan is to make it to the gap in the fall again but this early, no definite plans. I have to see how my work schedule shakes out.

Just now, ScubaCinci said:

Bummer, that would've been cool. When I saw the forecast yesterday I decided I really didn't want to have to test ride it, load it in the trailer and drive 6 hours in the snow.

I was even going to give you the jar of Apple Pie I promised to @DerekClouser

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, ScubaCinci said:

Headed up to Wooster to pick up the new bike. I chose to take tomorrow off to do it because Sat may see snow (at least that's what the forecast said the other day, now not so much). This is the luggage I ordered too.

s1000xr.jpg

Please give a first impression and long term update on this bike.

You have had a first Gen FZ1 and a couple of other bikes I have owned or rode and very interested in your opinion.  This bike intrigues me like no other has in a very long time.  The smart money says buy the Versys 1000, but I want that BMW...

5 hours ago, whaler said:

Please give a first impression and long term update on this bike.

You have had a first Gen FZ1 and a couple of other bikes I have owned or rode and very interested in your opinion.  This bike intrigues me like no other has in a very long time.  The smart money says buy the Versys 1000, but I want that BMW...

Get em while they're hot...rumor has it they are done with production on this bike.

8 minutes ago, ScubaCinci said:

Of course it's fucking snowing here...On my way home!

I was going to mention that, but you seemed committed to your plan.  Snow today, decent tomorrow around here.

2 hours ago, Tonik said:

I was going to mention that, but you seemed committed to your plan.  Snow today, decent tomorrow around here.

When I took off and planned it, the weather Saturday was supposed to be shitty. Oh well, it wasn't snowing too bad and now I have all weekend to do stuff 

1 hour ago, JustinNck1 said:

And now the Farkle purchasing begins...

Actually, I'm almost done. UPS is gonna send a semi to my house :nono:

• Upvote 1