Joe's new bike thread

ScubaCinci

For sure.

This might be one of the first bikes I don't immediately throw a can on. It actually sounds nice and will be heard near and far when you get on it. I'm pretty sure I'm going to need a seat though :( A lot of people said they are very comfy...it isn't bad but I can feel some pressure spots. I like that you sit "in" it like a saddle though...a lot like the Multistrada.

On March 10, 2017 at 4:35 PM, ScubaCinci said:

Yup. This thing is a screamer. 

Finally home

IMG_8167.JPG

Awesomuse, good choice and pick up joe. Waiting to see pics of fully farkled version. You always had an extensive but nice subtle taste in farkling. And shad boxes look/suit better than the stock ones it comes with. 

Edited by NinjaDoc

2 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

Awesomuse, good choice and pick up joe. Waiting to see pics of fully farkled version. You always had an extensive but nice subtle taste in farkling. And shad boxes look/suit better than the stock ones it comes with. 

Believe it or not, Shad makes the BMW ones too. I got the luggage but waiting on the topcase mounting hardware (backorder) and the white trim pieces for the side cases (I got no explanation for that one). The black looks pretty good though.

1 hour ago, waynesworld said:

You're going to look silly wearing all that Yamaha gear now ;)  

Great bike - Congrats! 

I'm still wearing my Yamaha jacket! It's really warm :D

1 hour ago, mello dude said:

Whoa! Holy Bike Lust! Where do I go to check out one of those!  (Dayton)

I picked mine up in Wooster OH but there's a shop around Cbus and one in Indy.

Edited by ScubaCinci
  • Upvote 1

Parts are starting to come in...decided to do blue accents with the red. Goes with the logo.

Got some of the guards, new windscreen, CF tank piece, tank pads, spools, and some other bits. Waiting on the top case mount, new seat, rad guard, and a few other things I'm forgetting about. Now if the damn weather will clear.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

• Upvote 1

There's a forum specific to the bike in the US but the admin is MIA (not logged in since Jan 20th) and no one can get approved to participate on the forum so I went ahead and started my own...

http://s1000xroa.com/forum/index.php

I think I have everything ironed out except the mobile theme.

1 minute ago, Qman said:

You could be arrested for dog abuse!

How I've always ridden. Somone at the gap trip last year ask me if I had a quick shifter installed. Nope,  just done it that way so much its natural for me to just blip it every shift. 50k miles on the old Connie and no problems.

• Upvote 1

The weather was nice enough to take some proper pics outdoors...

Shad hasn't been too kind to me. I ordered the side cases with the white accents and they sent black, didn't sent the soft inner bags I ordered and didn't send me the right mount kit for the top case (they got the white accent right though). I threw a little BMW roundel on each smile.gif The side case is simply sitting on the rack because of the mount kit being MIA.

When they shipped, the only notification I got was "one or more of your items has shipped". I emailed them Monday and didn't hear back. I called them Thursday (I had to leave a message) and they called me back and said the soft bags and the mount kit are on backorder and they'll get back to me with an ETA. He didn't have any answer about the white side case pieces. So far, they haven't gotten back with me. headbangwall.gif The entire order on their site shows "processing". Not too impressed with their support but the hardware looks great.

The parts I'm still waiting on...most coming from overseas so no ETA for several:

• BMW HP Sport Seat
  • CF piece for the front top of the tank (where the ignition is)
  • Puig Levers (red/blue)
  • Akra slip on (yeah, I couldn't resist)
  • Larger rear hugger
  • Rizoma fork sliders
  • Rizoma camshaft cover
  • The remaining parts for my luggage :beating:
  • Radiator/oil cooler guards
  • Some other decals (same company that does the rim tape)
  • As soon as the BMW Motorrad Nav VI is available to buy (any day now) I'll be getting that too. It ties into the bike's systems and shows things like engine temp, etc on the GPS dashboard display. Like this:

my_moto.jpg

:broke:

topcase.jpg

side.jpg

tank.jpg

Talking about addons, was watching some Youtubez here at work (shhhhhhh) and happened to find a guy who's pretty fast on his S1000XR. He suggests the crash bars... They do seem to have saved the bike pretty well. The follow-up video reminded me of @Isaac's Papa's operation desert storm last spring at DG. 

Followup: