Anyone near Cleveland have a trailer to lend or rent?

Tpoppa

2 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

I sold the truck I was towing mine with Tony, but you are welcome to use my trailer and straps. I'm in Lakewood.

Edit: My bike straps, not the ones in my bedroom.

Thanks Tim! And I really appreciate that clarification.

How big is your trailer?  My Ford Flex has a hitch, but isn't much of a tow vehicle.  Is it open or closed?   

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

Thanks Tim! And I really appreciate that clarification.

How big is your trailer?  My Ford Flex has a hitch, but isn't much of a tow vehicle.  Is it open or closed?   

I believe it's a 6x12. It has a baxley installed. It's open. I'm sure the flex will pull it just fine. I believe the explorer had a class 2 hitch, so I'm not sure if the ball setup I have will fit yours. It's on the smaller side. I forgot what "size" it is. Actually now that I think about it, I may have both sizes but dont count on that. I'm at work and cant run into my garage to check. I'm referring not to the ball size but the part that inserts into the hitch.

image.jpeg

Edited by TimTheAzn
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

Where?

I buy smart.  If I don't like it I'll either get my money back or make some $ if/when I resell it.   I've done it before...like 25 times.

A quick google says Beverly Hills CA Harley has them available for rental.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tonik said:

A quick google says Beverly Hills CA Harley has them available for rental.

I'd be suprised if it was Street Rod.  I've ridden a VRod before.  Those don't interest me.

There is a 2017 HD Street Rod, but that's a completely different bike. 

1 minute ago, Tpoppa said:

There is a 2017 HD Street Rod, but that's a completely different bike. 

That's what they have.  They want to hook you and sell you a new one, so they always have the latest.  Most HD dealers give you back the rental cost if you buy a new one from them within a couple of months.

1 minute ago, Tonik said:

That's what they have.  They want to hook you and sell you a new one, so they always have the latest.  Most HD dealers give you back the rental cost if you buy a new one from them within a couple of months.

It's not a terrible concept...for a Harley.  The best thing about it is that it has 17" wheels in normal sportbike sizes

1489044875_harley-davidson-street-rod-75

• Upvote 1

My trailer needs a couple of small repairs, but the parts are in my garage waiting to be installed... Let me know if Tim's isn't a viable option for some reason. I could get it road-worthy saturday morning.

It's the standard HF folding 4x8.  1100 lbs. capacity.  I don't remember what size ball it uses, but you could borrow the ball too... I have one mounted to a 2" receiver and one mounted to a 1.25" receiver.  The latter is a MUCH higher rise.

• Upvote 1