Dave and Busters sucks.

Tonik

I think a person or business should not be forced to do ANYTHING they don't want to. With some of the examples above also apply. Will this make the Doctor or Baker or Eatery owner look like a Douche Canoe in some peoples eyes? Yes, absolutely but it's still their right to want to be labeled that. If they are anti clubs, or gays or blacks what ever their issue is I feel they have a right to think they ways they do. If it's socially unacceptable society usually has a way to give then their just deserts. In no way am I saying any of these folks are right or wrong Im just saying it's their right to want to be wrong.

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

i was using that as an extreme example of how that logic can run out of steam depending on what situation it's applied to. try and keep up old man. 

And I was pointing out you don't need an extreme example before that 'logic' runs out of steam. No need to keep up, I am way ahead of you.

28 minutes ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

A pirate can take off his vest and be welcome in the establishment

so a Muslim can take off their head scarf and be welcome in the establishment with that line of thinking too

2 minutes ago, Bad324 said:

so a Muslim can take off their head scarf and be welcome in the establishment with that line of thinking too

And hippies with long hair can get a hair cut and be welcome.

6 minutes ago, Bad324 said:

3 minutes ago, Tonik said:

And hippies with long hair can get a hair cut and be welcome.

i never claimed it was without flaws. again, this is a tricky subject for me and i'm on the fence about a lot of aspects of it. i would tend to agree with IP and Tim for the most part, but there are also laws that contradict that thinking when it comes to discriminating against people based on color, race, religion etc. i never claimed to have a perfect solution. 

Just now, CrazySkullCrusher said:

i never claimed it was without flaws. again, this is a tricky subject for me and i'm on the fence about a lot of aspects of it. i would tend to agree with IP and Tim for the most part, but there are also laws that contradict that thinking when it comes to discriminating against people based on color, race, religion etc. i never claimed to have a perfect solution. 

well yea I'm with them too that government needs to fuck off and keep their nose out of shit. I don't care if private businesses want to discriminate, they are limiting their clientele and putting themselves at risk for terrible PR so that's on them. That sort of thing will work itself out without the government inserting themselves 

• Upvote 1