This is why......

Tonik

...you can't build back doors into iPhones or what ever and give them to the government.  Virtually the entire CIA arsenal of cyber weapons was just leaked.  It's a MASSIVE dump of some amazing hacking tools, this is going to hurt for a long long time.

https://wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/index.html

8 minutes ago, blue72beetle said:

Hmm, wikileaks is blocked here (Air Force Network)...... gee I wonder why....

Yea, I was just coming back here to say:

"If you have an active US security clearance, do not click on that link."

Edited by Tonik
  • Upvote 1

I hate Obama almost as much as I hate Casper, but that said I doubt he knew much about this beyond the CIA Director saying 'Yea, we got a lot of really cool and secret ways to hack the bad guys.'

• Upvote 1

hmm saw this on another site- More 4chan?

" This is hilarious...if you read some of the internal CIA comments in projects, (like this one: https://wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/cms/page_16385438.ht... ) it appears some of their employees are 14yr olds. 

Example:  
"I keep mine at your mom's house. Shhh." 
or 
"WhereIKeepMyNukes.pdf...Best. filename. EVAR." "

9 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

Example:  
"I keep mine at your mom's house. Shhh." 
or 
"WhereIKeepMyNukes.pdf...Best. filename. EVAR." "

Nerds gonna nerd no matter their age

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Exactly. I know a ton of them. Most, but not all, are like that. It's their humor.

I made a Slack bot last night for querying open issues in our ticket tracking system. I named it Botty McBotface. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Casper said:

I made a Slack bot last night for querying open issues in our ticket tracking system. I named it Botty McBotface. 

DNS/DHCP server on our Guest Wireless is named 'PropOfFBI'.  We have a Chromecast TV named NSA Surveillance, we strive to give the kids something to think about with our names.

17 minutes ago, Tonik said:

DNS/DHCP server on our Guest Wireless is named 'PropOfFBI'.  We have a Chromecast TV named NSA Surveillance, we strive to give the kids something to think about with our names.

My phone's mobile hotspot was named "NotFBI" for a good while. 

So, the CIA may have found out from my texts I like pepperoni pizza from Antonio's and my wife likes salad.... major information if they hack my iphone. Along with a tread with my OR buddies that a guy named Tonik has a hot lunch date!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, motocat12 said:

It sounded to me like there was enough information in the leak for non CIA to find the exploits now.

Absolutely, the hackers I know are orgasming pretty much non stop as they read it.