Smallest 9mm?

Tpoppa

21 hours ago, Wandering Soul said:

Biggest problem I've seen with any of them (big or small) is that people do not practice with it and/or keep it clean and oiled.

This is a good point, I periodically clean my carry gun even if it hasn't been fired.  You would be surprised at the amount of dust, fuzz, etc. it will pick up.  I know when its go time, I don't want a piece of pocket lint fouling up the action.

• Upvote 1

My cheap carry is a PT111-G2 and is fairly small framed for being a 13 shot 9mm, but as big as I am it's easier to conceal bigger guns.  My first was an XDM40, but only really concealable ( for me ) canted mid/back, and not the best choice for average sized carriers.  My wife's LC9 is a bit slimmer than the PT, but relatively the same overall size.   What I do like about the LC9 is the weapon is rounded at most every edge, so there's little chance of it getting hung up on clothing or cutting into you if your holster doesn't have a tall back.

• Upvote 3

I also have a G2, and I like it a lot, but, I also have an FNS-9C, which is nearly the same size as the G2, and the trigger is much better...in my opinion.  With the FNS-9C you also get a flush 12 round, finger extension 12 round, and a 17 round magazine with the purchase...  The huge negative, you can get two G2's for the price of the FN.

21 hours ago, Wolfman1 said:

This is a good point, I periodically clean my carry gun even if it hasn't been fired.  You would be surprised at the amount of dust, fuzz, etc. it will pick up.  I know when its go time, I don't want a piece of pocket lint fouling up the action.

Friend of mine didn't think his carry gun needed looked at if he hadn't fired it.  We went for some practice and his jammed first shot.

Should have seen the "dust bunny" he had hiding in the slide.

46 minutes ago, Wandering Soul said:

Friend of mine didn't think his carry gun needed looked at if he hadn't fired it.  We went for some practice and his jammed first shot.

Should have seen the "dust bunny" he had hiding in the slide.

What kind of jam? Hopefully his first reaction was to rack the slide in an attempt to clear it to continue firing.

10 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

I use a pocket holster with a leather flap.  The flap keeps most pocket lint out  and makes it look like nothing more than a wallet

00112-310x418.jpg

That's a nice little holster.  If the muzzle end was stitched shut, you'd probably never have any kind of lint issues at all

6 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

What kind of jam? Hopefully his first reaction was to rack the slide in an attempt to clear it to continue firing.

Second or third round he let off the slide failed to return all the way.  He racked it again; said it didn't feel right.  We cleared the mag and the round in the pipe, then found the ball of crap.

NOTE:  He now cleans once a week.

49 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Is there a way to clip it into your pocket so the holster doesn't come with the gun when you draw?

I haven't seen that.   You could use something like talon grip tape so it would have more friction with your pocket.

2 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

I haven't seen that.   You could use something like talon grip tape so it would have more friction with your pocket.

Oh I thought you had that holster, I was more so asking how do you keep it in your pocket when drawing it.