Lets fix this ear plug BS

Tonik

Here it is: https://radio.wosu.org/post/ohio-motorcyclists-could-soon-be-allowed-wear-earplugs#stream/0

I called WCPN, Cleveland's NPR affiliate, but they couldn't help me find the story, even though it aired on their station. The URL above is the same exact story I heard yesterday. 

9 minutes ago, what said:

Just like the BBC, NPR is publicly funded so it can't be biased. 

They actually are superior to any local radio and/or television news network, as far as accuracy, grammatical errors, and syntactical mistakes. A friend of mine is a videographer for WEWS, and told me much of their online news copy is sent to Pakistan for editing due to costs. Ridiculous.

1 minute ago, SpecialEd said:

They actually are superior to any local radio and/or television news network, as far as accuracy, grammatical errors, and syntactical mistakes. A friend of mine is a videographer for WEWS, and told me much of their online news copy is sent to Pakistan for editing due to costs. Ridiculous.

The quality of the programming on NPR has never been bad, it just tends to be politically biased and has been for a long time. But, what news source isn't these days, one way or another. 

1 minute ago, what said:

The quality of the programming on NPR has never been bad, it just tends to be politically biased and has been for a long time. But, what news source isn't these days, one way or another. 

I read the local news on the Fox8 and WEWS sites each morning and am astounded by how consistently poorly they are written.

2 hours ago, Tonik said:

2PM signing, I want to be there early that is the way I roll. So an early lunch nearby...or a really early lunch outside of town.

I typically take off at noon on Fridays, and I am 10 minutes away from Statehouse or Short North.  I can probably leave a little early, depending on my 10 o'clock meeting.  Would that work? 

2 hours ago, Tonik said:

2PM signing, I want to be there early that is the way I roll. So an early lunch nearby...or a really early lunch outside of town.

I typically take off at noon on Fridays, and I am 10 minutes away from Statehouse or Short North.  I can probably leave a little early, depending on my 10 o'clock meeting.  Would that work? 

2 minutes ago, Connie14 said:

Let's shoot for something near the Statehouse shortly after noon pending you finding a place to park. If you get out earlier lmk. The signing is in the Statehouse, I want to be in there by 130.

4 hours ago, what said:

Also having trouble locating this story

https://www.ideastream.org/news/earplugs-helpful-but-illegal-for-ohio-motorcyclists

Above is a link to a longer NPR story about the ear plug issue from 2015, if anyone is interested. Just a resource.

• Beer 1

6 hours ago, Tonik said:

BurgerIM looks interesting if we want fast. More of a decent sit down perhaps Cafe Phenix Bistro which is two blocks north of the Statehouse. Pending your input though as you know the area better than I

There is also a Candado tacos south of the state capital that looks good.  I'm up for any of them.  Are you still on Facebook? If so, I can send a messenger text.  If not, I'll IM you my cell number to text. 

18 minutes ago, Connie14 said:

There is also a Candado tacos south of the state capital that looks good.  I'm up for any of them.  Are you still on Facebook? If so, I can send a messenger text.  If not, I'll IM you my cell number to text. 

I ditched Facebook. Taco place looks perfect.

4 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Did you really do this just for that lousy fucking pen? Also, it takes a pretty big ball to shoot pictures during such an important moment.

• Haha 3

• Casper unpinned this topic