Lets fix this ear plug BS

Tonik

Just now, what said:

Who's going to show up as the opposition? American Hearing Aid Manufacturers Organization?

No one, but I get why they have rules or procedures. Not needed here, I did toss on a polite suggestion that they speed it up during my comments.

• Beer 2
  • Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

Ok, they they are back in action. The Senate committee votes on us this coming Wednesday. No need to do anything, we will pass there.

Next step is to get to the floor, I will let you know when the vast active OR membership needs to mobilize.

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 2

Woot!

We passed out of committee today with 100 percent yes votes. Next we go to the rules committee. That is when we will get back to work and bug them to put it on the floor for a full Senate vote.

Well done gang, we are almost there.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

While I still think this was a dumb fight to pick, it's awesome to see the system work for the little people 😂

Congrats to everyone who put in the effort on this. Special shout out for having to deal with Tonic so much through the process. 

Edited by Steve Butters
  • Confused 2

• 3 weeks later...

So I was just asking when/if it was going to be signed. He has not signed it, he has until March 4th or so to sign it. He also has not indicated if he is going to sign or veto. I can not for the life of me imagine he is going to veto but it wouldn't hurt to drop him a note saying sign it please.

https://governor.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/governor/contact

8 hours ago, Tonik said:

And fuck all of you that said this would never be done. I on the other hand will be hanging with the Governor Friday when he signs this bill into law. The law will go into effect 90 days after he signs it.

Thank you all for the help, it has been a fun ride.

Congrats!  Let me know if you're available for lunch. 

There was a feature story about this bill yesterday afternoon on NPR, which included expert testimony from an ENT doctor about the dangers of wind noise. They also cited several studies which refuted the assertion that ear plugs blocked critical sounds such as sirens. I was expecting this to be followed by an interview with Tonik . . .

The story can still be accessed on the NPR web site.

Edited by SpecialEd

3 hours ago, SpecialEd said:

There was a feature story about this bill yesterday afternoon on NPR, which included expert testimony from an ENT doctor about the dangers of wind noise. They also cited several studies which refuted the assertion that ear plugs blocked critical sounds such as sirens. I was expecting this to be followed by an interview with Tonik . . .

Can't find it, link or hints please.

13 hours ago, Connie14 said:

Congrats!  Let me know if you're available for lunch. 

2PM signing, I want to be there early that is the way I roll. So an early lunch nearby...or a really early lunch outside of town.

4 hours ago, SpecialEd said:

Also having trouble locating this story

• Casper unpinned this topic