Lets fix this ear plug BS

Tonik

• 4 weeks later...

Ok gang, time to make a phone call and/or send an email. We need to get to the House floor for a vote. One person is in charge of that. House Speaker Larry Householder. Time to light up his inbox and phone and respectfully ask him to bring us to the floor for a vote. Here is a link to his contact info.

http://www.ohiohouse.gov/house/larry-householder

Here is the email I sent, I plan on calling next week if I don't hear/see something positive by then.

Speaker Householder

I am writing to urge you to bring HB 129 to the floor for a vote.

HB 129 is a simple bill that the House has passed in the previous General Assembly, with 100 percent yes votes. Unfortunately we got to the Senate too late to finish the job.

This bill allows motorcyclists to wear hearing protection, which is currently prohibited. Studies have shown that at highway speeds with a full face helmet on riders are experiencing sound levels in excess of 100 DB. OSHA requires hearing protection in the workplace when levels reach 85 DB.

We have no problem hearing horns, sirens and the traffic around us while wearing ear plugs. There is simply no valid reason for this prohibition and all but 3 or 4 states in the US allow hearing protection.

Thank you in advance for getting us our vote, riding season is upon us and the time to get this done is now.

Jim Kennedy 

Edited by Tonik
  • Beer 1

Thank you to those that have done it. Rest of, you need to take 1 minute and click on the link and send an email.

I have been told repeatedly that they pay attention to these messages, especially when it is a current bill. They don't know if it has voter support or if it is just a stupid idea from a fellow representative.

• 2 weeks later...

Dumbass reporter trying to turn this into a referendum on helmet laws. I lit up her in box. For the record wind noise is worse with a helmet on than without.

https://www.daytondailynews.com/news/local/ohio-may-allow-motorcyclists-wear-earplugs/5zoyFhHm95gq5ZU1SYRLPK/amp.html

8 hours ago, Tonik said:

For the record wind noise is worse with a helmet on than without.

Huh, why?  Where did you see the research for this?  Could see helmets creating some different whistling effects through vents and gaps etc, but worse than no helmet?

1 hour ago, jacobhawkins said:

Huh, why?  Where did you see the research for this?  Could see helmets creating some different whistling effects through vents and gaps etc, but worse than no helmet?

That came from the ABATE guy that was there.

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

That came from the ABATE guy that was there.

Same guys that bring you ..

*loud pipes save lives

*helmets will snap your neck

*it's okay to run a red light(if it's taking more than 10 seconds to change)

24 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Same guys that bring you ..

*loud pipes save lives

*helmets will snap your neck

*it's okay to run a red light(if it's taking more than 10 seconds to change)

Also the same guys that have worked their asses off to get this passed.

• Casper unpinned this topic