Lets fix this ear plug BS

Tonik

• 2 months later...
42 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

Not to forget the increased fuel tax now. 👍 

I like the way this is going down. Whatever form the gas tax increase takes it is going to sail through and get signed. Once signed it becomes law in 90 days.We will be legal this season.

With revenue on the line for the state on this bill I'd guess it won't see much opposition. Also looks like some corporate/energy sector related lobby proposals on there too. 

Also, I noticed this in the last iteration of the bill but when did it become headphones and earplugs as opposed to just earplugs? I thought initially they were opposed to headphones as they are seen as a potential distraction. 

Edited by what

8 minutes ago, what said:

when did it become headphones and earplugs as opposed to just earplugs?

When did you start believing that the press will give you an accurate description of anything? The exception is quoted below...for protection only. That change was actually made by the Senate Transportation committee last year when they worked on it.

"(6) Any person wearing earphones or earplugs for hearing protection while operating a motorcycle."

10 minutes ago, Tonik said:

When did you start believing that the press will give you an accurate description of anything? The exception is quoted below...for protection only. That change was actually made by the Senate Transportation committee last year when they worked on it.

"(6) Any person wearing earphones or earplugs for hearing protection while operating a motorcycle."

The media is always right, how would they have any integrity otherwise?

And the initial argument I heard for letting this earplug business fly was to intentionally exclude earphones and only allow earplugs. 

34 minutes ago, what said:

The media is always right, how would they have any integrity otherwise?

And the initial argument I heard for letting this earplug business fly was to intentionally exclude earphones and only allow earplugs. 

That was the tact we took when we started. And I was asked about that during testimony so it was a concern in the House.

They added that all on their own, no idea why but it was the Senate Transportation Committee that did it.

• 2 weeks later...

Basically it looks like everything is getting passed except what OP posted and wanted in this thread despite his unwaivering commitment to this cause and consistent hard work. Mean while shame on all the rest of us keeps using the ear plugs like jerks without getting fined. 😂

what a freaking long sentence. 

• Casper unpinned this topic